Photographers Wanted - - Pros & Advanced Amateurs

Old January 27th 05, 11:17 PM
William Hansen

Default Photographers Wanted - - Pros & Advanced Amateurs

Hello,

We are in the process of setting up an entirely NEW TYPE of ‘High
Resolution-High Volume' royalty free stock photo website. The site
will be launched on or before March 1st.

You retain ownership of the copyright to all of your images PLUS, you
name and contact information will be displayed next to each of your
images…if you so wish. This will generate more business for you
direct from the photo buyers.

We have thousands of images from our previous website, but we need
another 40,000 to 50,000 for the new site.

We don't accept just anyone. Your work must be approved before you
are permitted to submit images.

Please go to: http://RoyaltyFreePhotoMart.com where you can see what
we are doing. You will also be able to submit three images for us to
evaluate.

Submissions can be on any topic (NO PORN and NO CELEBRITY images)
glamour and semi-nude images that are of very high quality are
welcome. And yes, we accept black & white images.

We are in need of photographers from EUROPE and ASIA.

Thank you,

William Hansen
http://RoyaltyFreePhotoMart.com

1
Old January 29th 05, 05:02 PM
Roxy Durban

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 14:17:28 -0800, William Hansen wrote:

[...]

Um, so you want people to give you their photos which you will then sell
and pay no royalties on?

I know it's not April 1, so I have to wonder if there has been a break-out
at an asylum somewhere.

--
Google is a proliferator of hate speech, slander
and other disgraceful texts. Google allows their
Old January 30th 05, 02:44 AM
Stefan Patric

On Saturday 29 January 2005 08:02, Roxy Durban wrote:

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 14:17:28 -0800, William Hansen wrote:

Hello,

We are in the process of setting up an entirely NEW TYPE of ‘High
Resolution-High Volume' royalty free stock photo website. The site
will be launched on or before March 1st.

You retain ownership of the copyright to all of your images PLUS, you
name and contact information will be displayed next to each of your
imagesÂ…if you so wish. This will generate more business for you
direct from the photo buyers.

We have thousands of images from our previous website, but we need
another 40,000 to 50,000 for the new site.

We don't accept just anyone. Your work must be approved before you
are permitted to submit images.

Please go to: http://RoyaltyFreePhotoMart.com where you can see what
we are doing. You will also be able to submit three images for us to
evaluate.

Submissions can be on any topic (NO PORN and NO CELEBRITY images)
glamour and semi-nude images that are of very high quality are
welcome. And yes, we accept black & white images.

We are in need of photographers from EUROPE and ASIA.

Thank you,

William Hansen
http://RoyaltyFreePhotoMart.com

Um, so you want people to give you their photos which you will then
sell and pay no royalties on?

No, they do a 60/40 split on a $5 US fee for a 5x7 print only. They
don't sell anything else. Photographer gets 40% of that or $2.

But here's the "catch": photographer has to pay a $0.48 US per image
per year "hosting" fee. So, that's $480 per year for 1000 images,
which is not a lot of images for stock. Have to sell a LOT of 5x7s to
break even. 240 to be exact. And to have any chance of a good return
on stock sales, most any stock house I've dealt with wants you to have
at least 1500 to 2000 GOOD images on file to START. And build it up to
5000 or more as quickly as possible. I have a friend who has about
20,000 images on file at the Image Bank. What would his "hosting" fee
be per year with this guy? $9600!!!

This is a rip off. Any reputable stock image house does the 60/40 split
and pays for everything: duping, hosting, shipping, marketing, etc.
The photographer get 40% of the gross and fronts or pays nothing to the
stock house.

--
Stefan Patric
NoLife Polymath Group

Old January 30th 05, 07:11 AM
Roxy Durban

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 17:44:53 -0800, Stefan Patric wrote:

[...]

A rip off indeed. I didn't even bother going to the spammers site, but
thanks for clarifying for us.

It would probably be easier & cheaper to host your own stock on your own
website.

--
Save photography - shoot a roll of film today!