Digital Photo Frames for refrigirators??

Old December 22nd 08, 04:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Bob Hatch

Default Digital Photo Frames for refrigirators??

"John Navas" wrote in message

On 21 Dec 2008 17:42:56 GMT, Allodoxaphobia
wrote in :

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 09:49:19 -0700, Bob Hatch wrote:
"Neil Jones" wrote in
I am looking for Digital Photo Frames (5x7) that can be put on the
refrigerator in the kitchen. The ony ones that I found were too
small or integrated into the refrigerator.

Could you please let me know if anyone is aware of this type of
frames?

Buy the frame you want, then go to Wal-Mart or any crafts store and
buy a roll of adhesive backed magnetic tape. Apply the tape to the
back of the frame, and put it on the fridge door.

Checking first to see the your refrigerator is not made from
aluminum or plastic....

Elsewise: Plan B.

Velcro.

I use commercial grade Velcro to hang pictures, up to 16x20 with small
frame, on the walls of my motor home. Some have been there for 50,000 miles
over all kinds of roads.

I use the magnetic tape to attach carpet to the outside steps of the motor
home. I do add hot glue to the tape, but I leave the carpets on the steps
when driving. I've never lost one. They wear out in about 2 years, and I
remove the magnetic tape and put them on the back of new carpet.

Either would work, but the magnetic tape will be easy to take down and clean
the fridge door, it the door is a metal that will hold the magnet. If you're
worried about the adhesive giving way, just tack the magnet down with hot
glue or a bit of gorilla glue.

--
"You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog
will give you a look that says, 'My God, you're right!

Old December 22nd 08, 03:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John A.

wrote in :

[...]

We have an employee with some of those fancy stainless steel
appliances. She says magnets don't stick.
Old December 22nd 08, 04:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

John A. wrote:

We have an employee with some of those fancy stainless steel
appliances. She says magnets don't stick.

Then it's not stainless steel.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old December 22nd 08, 04:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
J. Clarke

wrote in :

[...]

So paint it white and use magnetic primer.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Old December 22nd 08, 07:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John A.

On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 10:39:52 -0500, Alan Browne
wrote:

John A. wrote:

We have an employee with some of those fancy stainless steel
appliances. She says magnets don't stick.

Then it's not stainless steel.

Some grades of stainless steel aren't magnetic. Depends on how much
nickel is in it, I gather.
Old December 22nd 08, 07:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John Navas[_2_]

On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 18:03:19 GMT, John A.
wrote in
:

wrote:

John A. wrote:

We have an employee with some of those fancy stainless steel
appliances. She says magnets don't stick.

Then it's not stainless steel.

Some grades of stainless steel aren't magnetic. Depends on how much
nickel is in it, I gather.

Correct -- see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stainless_steel#Types_of_stainless_steel

--
Best regards,
John
Old December 22nd 08, 07:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

wrote:

John A. wrote:

We have an employee with some of those fancy stainless steel
appliances. She says magnets don't stick.

Then it's not stainless steel.

Some grades of stainless steel aren't magnetic. Depends on how much
nickel is in it, I gather.

Yes, you're right there is type of stainless called "Austenitic" that,
in the right conditions, is non magnetic. Slap it with a hammer (or
other tooling) and it becomes quite attracted to magnets, however.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old December 22nd 08, 08:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
J. Clarke

wrote:

John A. wrote:

We have an employee with some of those fancy stainless steel
appliances. She says magnets don't stick.

Then it's not stainless steel.

Some grades of stainless steel aren't magnetic. Depends on how much
nickel is in it, I gather.

At one time, before alloys that were magnetic become commonplace, the
standard test was to apply a magnet--if it didn't stick the part was
steel (aluminum and magnesium you could tell by weight, and titanium,
well, it didn't exist commercially).