Point and shoot digitals with remote shutter???

Old February 16th 09, 12:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.marketplace.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Chris Malcolm[_2_]

Default Point and shoot digitals with remote shutter???

In rec.photo.digital Ralph Seguin wrote:

I'm looking to build up a stereoscopic shooting rig and would like to
find a pair of identical point and shoot cameras for the job.
Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot in the way of P&S
digital cameras that have remote wired or wireless shutter release
capability.

I know that the Canon G10 supports a wired remote, and while I would
love to get a pair of them and the remote shutter releases, they are
pricey. I was hoping for something more like = $250 each.
I would prefer a relatively recent camera (within 1-2 years of now/
2009) with good image quality and controls and with good video quality
at 640x480 @ 30Hz.
I already own a Canon SD850IS, which is a great little point and shoot
(but not remote options

This Flickr group has lots of photographs of working stereo camera
rigs, and from there you should be able to find discussions about
suitable cameras and how to modify them. My impression is that
although few P&S can be operated in that way out of the box, there are
quite a few which can easily be adapted.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/stereoscopic-cameras/

--
Chris Malcolm