Anni wins TIME's "Person of the Year!"

Old December 23rd 06, 03:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Annika1980

Default Anni wins TIME's "Person of the Year!"

Who Rules?

Old December 23rd 06, 05:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
frederick

Annika1980 wrote:
Who Rules?

I do.

You need to include a link - or people may think that you (and I) are
conceited.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...569514,00.html
Old December 23rd 06, 07:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

frederick wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:
Who Rules?

I do.

You need to include a link - or people may think that you (and I) are
conceited.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...569514,00.html

Aw, that kinda spoils the fun, in case anyone hadn't heard about the
biggest copout by Time yet.

--
John McWilliams
Old December 23rd 06, 12:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
J. Clarke

On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 23:00:04 -0800, John McWilliams wrote:

frederick wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:
Who Rules?

I do.

You need to include a link - or people may think that you (and I) are
conceited.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...569514,00.html

Aw, that kinda spoils the fun, in case anyone hadn't heard about the
biggest copout by Time yet.

I've never heard of Time "copping out". Naming Hitler and Stalin (twice)
takes great big ones, or no brain. I'm surprised they never named Osama.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
Old December 23rd 06, 03:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Annika1980 wrote:

Who Rules?

I picked up the Time issue and didn't see your picture on the cover.....
;-)
Old December 23rd 06, 03:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
timeOday

frederick wrote:

Annika1980 wrote:

Who Rules?

I do.

You need to include a link - or people may think that you (and I) are
conceited.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...569514,00.html

Aw, that kinda spoils the fun, in case anyone hadn't heard about the
biggest copout by Time yet.

I've never heard of Time "copping out". Naming Hitler and Stalin (twice)
takes great big ones, or no brain. I'm surprised they never named Osama.

That's exactly the point... they no longer have the guts to make a
provocative choice, like they used to.

Perhaps they should change the title to something other than "person of
the year" because to most people that implies an award for good deeds.
I don't know, maybe "news-maker of the year."
Old December 23rd 06, 03:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ASAAR

On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 07:04:11 -0800, Roger N. Clark (change username
to rnclark) wrote:

Who Rules?

I picked up the Time issue and didn't see your picture on the cover.....
;-)

Thank heavens, it's certainly about Time.

Old December 23rd 06, 05:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
J. Clarke

frederick wrote:

Annika1980 wrote:

Who Rules?

I do.

You need to include a link - or people may think that you (and I) are
conceited.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...569514,00.html

Aw, that kinda spoils the fun, in case anyone hadn't heard about the
biggest copout by Time yet.

I've never heard of Time "copping out". Naming Hitler and Stalin (twice)
takes great big ones, or no brain. I'm surprised they never named Osama.

That's exactly the point... they no longer have the guts to make a
provocative choice, like they used to.

They don't? They've provoked _you_ haven't they?

Old December 24th 06, 03:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Annika1980

Annika1980 wrote:

Who Rules?

I picked up the Time issue and didn't see your picture on the cover.....
;-)

Did you try "Meter Maids in Bondage?"

Old December 30th 06, 03:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Turco

frederick wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:
Who Rules?

I do.

You need to include a link - or people may think that you (and I) are
conceited.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...569514,00.html

Aw, that kinda spoils the fun, in case anyone hadn't heard about the
biggest copout by Time yet.

I've never heard of Time "copping out". Naming Hitler and Stalin (twice)
takes great big ones, or no brain. I'm surprised they never named Osama.

Hello, John:

Ol' Adolf and Uncle Joe made it, eh? How odd, then, that Charles Manson
didn't!

Alas, I guess Charlie is merely a piker, as far as mass-murdering rats
are concerned, and doesn't really deserve such illustrious company. (Mao
Tse-Tung should've been on Time magazine's shortlist, though.)

Cordially,
John Turco