FZ 50

Old July 15th 06, 03:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
Bill Again

Default FZ 50

I called in at my (professional) photo dealers this morning to check out an
FZ30 that has just decided to stop showing pictures on the display unless
the display is fully rotated.

As an aside the guy mentioned that production of the FZ30 has stopped and
any day now we should expect reviews of the FZ 50. Has anyone else heard
this?

Bill

Old July 16th 06, 07:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
J. Clarke

Bill Again wrote:

I called in at my (professional) photo dealers this morning to check out
an FZ30 that has just decided to stop showing pictures on the display
unless the display is fully rotated.

As an aside the guy mentioned that production of the FZ30 has stopped and
any day now we should expect reviews of the FZ 50. Has anyone else heard
this?

There's a rumor that the FZ50 should be out in September. I find it
interesting that B&H no longer even lists the FZ30, although they have
FZ20s in stock.

There are all sorts of rumors about it, one of them being that it will be a
4/3 EVF interchangeable-lens camera.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
Old July 16th 06, 09:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
Mike Civil

In article ,
J. Clarke wrote:
There's a rumor that the FZ50 should be out in September. I find it
interesting that B&H no longer even lists the FZ30, although they have
FZ20s in stock.

There are all sorts of rumors about it, one of them being that it will be a
4/3 EVF interchangeable-lens camera.

As posted elsewhere - the date is 6 Sept.

Panasonic Spain appear to have the basic details he-

http://www.panasonic.es/fichamod.asp...01&codeagr=295

or

http://tinyurl.co.uk/qf9c

Mike
Old July 16th 06, 09:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
David J Taylor

Mike Civil wrote:
In article ,
J. Clarke wrote:
There's a rumor that the FZ50 should be out in September. I find it
interesting that B&H no longer even lists the FZ30, although they
have FZ20s in stock.

There are all sorts of rumors about it, one of them being that it
will be a 4/3 EVF interchangeable-lens camera.

As posted elsewhere - the date is 6 Sept.

Panasonic Spain appear to have the basic details he-

http://www.panasonic.es/fichamod.asp...01&codeagr=295

or

http://tinyurl.co.uk/qf9c

Mike

Thanks for that, Mike. Looks like a 10MB FZ30 at first glance, same sized
sensor (same lens focal lengths). I still think 5MP is a better
compromise for that sensor size, unless they've managed to make similar
improvements to Fuji!

David

Old July 16th 06, 12:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
Mike Civil

In article ,
David J Taylor wrote:
Thanks for that, Mike. Looks like a 10MB FZ30 at first glance, same sized
sensor (same lens focal lengths). I still think 5MP is a better
compromise for that sensor size, unless they've managed to make similar
improvements to Fuji!

It's also got the Venus III engine - it'll be interesting to see what
the combination of the 10mp sensor and the new engine means for noise
reduction. I expect the reviewers to be falling over themselves to get
the first review out

Mike

Old July 16th 06, 03:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
David J Taylor

corks wrote:
what happened to the FZ40 then ?

May be the forties are out of fashion?

David

Old July 16th 06, 08:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
per

I would hope it's an indicator that this will be a more significant
update to the 30 than the 30 was to the 20.

Andrew McP

While the 30 was a brand new and larger camera, the 50 looks like a regular
face-lift to me. But, the new Venus 3 engine may prove to be more
significant than one could guess.
/per