Another $1749 to B&H

Old June 25th 18, 08:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

Default Another $1749 to B&H

On 6/24/2018 6:39 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Jun 24, 2018, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 6/21/2018 11:57 PM, Savageduck wrote:
I just decided to go long with my Fujifilm setup, and I have ordered the XF
100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR for $1749 (with $150 discount). It is
scheduled to get to me via FedEx on Tuesday.

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/x/fujinon_lens_xf100_400mmf45_56_r_lm_ois_wr/

Enjoy

Thanks.

I understand that this 100-400mm performs quite well with the 1.4TC. So I
might do something I have preached against, and buy that TC to give me a
140-560mm (35mm equiv 210-840mm).

OMG my pacemaker just went off.

FWIW: I often use a TC. The disadvantages,n focus tracking is a tad
slower, and I lose clarity with macro work. Not all cameras will
autofocus at f8. my D500 and D800 will, but at center point focus only.
The latter is only a issue for me with my 80-400, or any 5.6 lens .

--
PeterN
Old June 27th 18, 05:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jun 22, 2018, Savageduck wrote
(in iganews.com):

On Jun 22, 2018, Alfred Molon wrote
(in . com):

In iganews.com,
Savageduck says...

Yup! With the 100-800mm I am about $8,000 commited. Here is the other part
of that.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5yeyllbh2jd8g0a/IMG_2527e.jpg

But where to put the new 100-400? You'll need a new bag.

I will try a bag rearrangement, that particular bag is pretty flexible. It is
not my plan to take everything on every trip, or local shoot. That and I
already have a good collection of bags, but another one couldn’t hurt. I
will keep you posted after I have the 100-400 in hand.

Here is my rearranged bag;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ppt4zeudrn3v6le/IMG_2534e.jpg

....and a quick handheld Moon shot OIS on.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-XNvZJq8/0/ded0f464/O/i-XNvZJq8.jpg

Savageduck

Old June 27th 18, 05:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On Tue, 26 Jun 2018 21:20:39 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

[...]

Pretty impressive. What shutter speed?
Old June 27th 18, 05:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jun 26, 2018, Bill W wrote
(in ):

wrote:

[...]

ISO 500, f/5.6 @ 1/500

Savageduck

Old June 27th 18, 09:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
RJH

On 27/06/2018 05:20, Savageduck wrote:
On Jun 22, 2018, Savageduck wrote
(in iganews.com):

On Jun 22, 2018, Alfred Molon wrote
(in . com):

In iganews.com,
Savageduck says...

Yup! With the 100-800mm I am about $8,000 commited. Here is the other part
of that.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5yeyllbh2jd8g0a/IMG_2527e.jpg

But where to put the new 100-400? You'll need a new bag.

I will try a bag rearrangement, that particular bag is pretty flexible. It is
not my plan to take everything on every trip, or local shoot. That and I
already have a good collection of bags, but another one couldn’t hurt. I
will keep you posted after I have the 100-400 in hand.

Here is my rearranged bag;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ppt4zeudrn3v6le/IMG_2534e.jpg

Very nice!

OOI, do you happen to know how much the loaded bad weighs? My loaded SLR
rucksack weighs maybe 5kg with 3 lenses and paraphernalia. As I like
taking photos while walking, weight really is the single biggest reason
why I don't use the DSLR that often.

...and a quick handheld Moon shot OIS on.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-XNvZJq8/0/ded0f464/O/i-XNvZJq8.jpg

Impressive.

--
Cheers, Rob
Old June 27th 18, 10:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jun 27, 2018, RJH wrote
(in article ):

[...]

With that load of camera bodies (X-T2+battery grip & X-E3) along with all of
my Fujinon lenses (7), 5 spare batteries, and some filters, it weighs about
20 Lbs (9Kg). I wouldn’t dream of travelling with all that kit unless I
absolutely had to. It is just convenient to be able to have all of it in one
bag. I have several other shoulder bags including a Domke 803, and a Think
Tank Retrospective 30. If needed I have a moderately sized backpack and a
similar sized sling bag. If I am flying that load will probably be pared down
to a single body, and 3-4 lenses, I could probably get by with 2 carefully
selected lenses.

I learned my lesson with my last overseas trip when I packed both camera
bodies, and 5 lenses. I found that I only used the X-E3, and three of the
lenses I had packed, and I probably have made the entire month away from home
with a single lens.

...and a quick handheld Moon shot OIS on.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-XNvZJq8/0/ded0f464/O/i-XNvZJq8.jpg

Impressive.

Thanks! I had just unboxed the 100-400mm, and I was looking for a target of
opportunity, the full moon was obvious in a cliché sort of way. I should
have stopped down to f/8, but it was good enough for a first shot with a new
lens.

Savageduck

Old June 27th 18, 06:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article .com,
Savageduck says...
With that load of camera bodies (X-T2+battery grip & X-E3) along with all of
my Fujinon lenses (7), 5 spare batteries, and some filters, it weighs about
20 Lbs (9Kg).

My camera bag with camera, four lenses, four batteries, external
flashes, filters, accessories etc. weighs 4.2 Kg. Not a problem to carry
that the whole day.
--
Alfred Molon

Old June 27th 18, 07:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jun 27, 2018, Alfred Molon wrote
(in . com):

In iganews.com,
Savageduck says...
With that load of camera bodies (X-T2+battery grip & X-E3) along with all
of my Fujinon lenses (7), 5 spare batteries, and some filters, it weighs about
20 Lbs (9Kg).

My camera bag with camera, four lenses, four batteries, external
flashes, filters, accessories etc. weighs 4.2 Kg. Not a problem to carry
that the whole day.

I would guess that for me, a typical walk-around load in a smaller bag would
be similar. Perhaps one camera, 3-4 lenses, extra batteries, a few filters, a
flash will depend on the goals of that day. So some where around 3Kg-4Kg.

More often than not, I will only be carrying a camera. If it is the X-E3 I
will have a spare battery in my pocket, if it is the X-T2+battery grip there
is no need to carry extra batteries.

Savageduck