First review of 12X Sony H1 with IS

Old March 4th 05, 06:10 AM
Woodchuck Bill

Default First review of 12X Sony H1 with IS

http://www.digitalcamerainfo.com/con...ns-Review-.htm

--

Bill
Old March 4th 05, 06:54 AM
David J Taylor

Woodchuck Bill wrote:
http://www.digitalcamerainfo.com/con...ns-Review-.htm

Pity about the f/3.7 lens, the very poor resolution, non-swivel viewfinder
and the requirement to use memory stick, though. I though that Sony had
learned their lesson and were including CF intheir cameras? There are
suggestions they skimped on the lens as well. Having the name it will
sell, I suppose!

Thanks for the pointer, Bill.

David

Old March 4th 05, 09:03 AM
Pete Fenelon

David J Taylor wrote:
Woodchuck Bill wrote:
http://www.digitalcamerainfo.com/con...ns-Review-.htm

Pity about the f/3.7 lens, the very poor resolution, non-swivel viewfinder
and the requirement to use memory stick, though. I though that Sony had
learned their lesson and were including CF intheir cameras? There are
suggestions they skimped on the lens as well. Having the name it will
sell, I suppose!

Exactly, this will sell to people who don't know about consumer
electronics, don't know about cameras, but do know Sony as a brand
name. It'll be all over your local Sony Centre, and invisible anywhere
else

It looks like they missed so many opportunities with that camera. Pity,
the F828 looked pretty damn good... and doing a sensible followup to
that would've been interesting.

pete
--
"Send lawyers, guns and money...."
Old March 4th 05, 03:10 PM
Woodchuck Bill

"David J Taylor"
wrote in
k:

Woodchuck Bill wrote:
http://www.digitalcamerainfo.com/con...shot-DSC-H1-Fi
rst-Impressions-Review-.htm

Pity about the f/3.7 lens, the very poor resolution, non-swivel
viewfinder and the requirement to use memory stick, though. I
though that Sony had learned their lesson and were including CF
intheir cameras? There are suggestions they skimped on the lens
as well. Having the name it will sell, I suppose!

Thanks for the pointer, Bill.

David

Not exactly the most detailed review, this one is, but I've no doubts
that Phil will eventually get to this camera. I agree with you about
most of the shortcomings compared to the FZ20, but I'm not so sure if
the outsourced Zeiss-branded lens would have mattered much.

At $500, I can think of quite a few more interesting cameras (FZ20, G6,
etc.) in the price range.

--

Bill