Dpreview doesn't care where they get ad dollars from, do they?

Old January 27th 11, 11:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Dpreview doesn't care where they get ad dollars from, do they?

On 2011-01-27 14:10:22 -0800, RichA said:

Bottom of the page, the sellers. Apparently, Brooklyn camera dumps
are their new advertising partners.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/pentaxk5/page2.asp

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/dbuys

DBuys.com (Central Digital, IbuyDigital, CameraClub, IbuyPlasma,
RealDealShop) currently does NOT actively participate at
ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you
this merchant? Help your customers!

Well, you could give Adorama your business, and there is always B&H,
both reputable merchants with a bricks & mortar store base.

Oh! Wait a minute! I almost forgot. You are checking "bait" prices, and
then you feel Canadians are victimized by the legitimate vendors'
shipping arrangements to Canada so you are never going to use B&H or
Adorama, because of those NYC type people.

I wouldn't deal with any of those NYC vendors, or "Brooklyn camera
dumps" in any way, and I would stop going to dpreview to protest and
reduce the "hit revenue" you have been gifting them.

There is a Canadian camera store somewhere North of the border, begging
for your business.
....but you aren't really going to buy anything are you?

Savageduck

Old January 28th 11, 01:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
clw

On 2011-01-27 14:10:22 -0800, RichA said:

There is a Canadian camera store somewhere North of the border, begging
for your business.
...but you aren't really going to buy anything are you?

Gee, Savageduck (and BTW being from Oregon) I love your moniker.

How about 'dem Ducks?
--

I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors.
Old January 28th 11, 01:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2011-01-27 14:10:22 -0800, RichA said:

There is a Canadian camera store somewhere North of the border, begging
for your business.
...but you aren't really going to buy anything are you?

Gee, Savageduck (and BTW being from Oregon) I love your moniker.

How about 'dem Ducks?

Hey! I have a soft spot for that track team.
They will be in Seattle for the indoor invitational at Washington
State, Friday & Saturday.

Savageduck

Old January 28th 11, 06:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Rich[_6_]

Savageduck wrote in

I wouldn't deal with any of those NYC vendors, or "Brooklyn camera
dumps" in any way, and I would stop going to dpreview to protest and
reduce the "hit revenue" you have been gifting them.

There is a Canadian camera store somewhere North of the border, begging
for your business.
...but you aren't really going to buy anything are you?

I've purchased most big-ticket items in Canada, it's the accessories that
cost here.