Resurrecting a jpeg?

Old December 17th 19, 05:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.computer.workshop
Shadow

Default Resurrecting a jpeg?

On Tue, 17 Dec 2019 10:40:11 +0000, David
wrote:

//In other words, raiding a member, taking all of his/her gear and
processing it will provide you nothing of value to be used against
the individual or the group itself. Likewise if you somehow managed
to locate and breach (at least you thought you did) one of our
network
entry points. You'd quickly be discovered and at no time would you
have any 'real' access to anything of value. OTH, I do hope you took
necessary precautions to protect yourself from, heh, unwanted, large
amounts of bandwidth capable retaliation, full on, blackhat style.//

*** end snippit

Is the full text of what I wrote. Explain, in your own words, how
that is in any way a threat of ANY kind, David?

Will these words suffice?

"Dustin is actually threatening repercussions to Commander Kinsey if he
persists with his investigations into HHI. Solid confirmation that
Dustin is still in cahoots with real-life Black Hat Hackers and is still
a danger to everyone."

As proof of slander? Probably.
It's not what he wrote, therefore a *LIE*.
You might want to forget your "dream" about CK threatening to
hack into a Scene group. It never happened in RL.
A judge might put it down to confabulation, but you'd have to
PROVE how much you drink if you expect him to believe you.
You'd still be sent to an mental asylum though.
HTH

---------------
BD: I want people to "get to know me better. I have nothing to
hide".
I'm always here to help, this page was put up at BD's request,
rather, he said "Do it *NOW*!":

http://tekrider.net/pages/david-brooks-stalker.php

63 confirmed #FAKE_NYMS, most used in cybercrimes!
Google "David Brooks Devon"
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Old December 17th 19, 07:05 PM posted to alt.computer.workshop,rec.photo.digital
Commander Kinsey

On Tue, 17 Dec 2019 07:06:53 -0000, Diesel wrote:

"Commander Kinsey"
newsp.0cupg2elwdg98l@glass Sun, 15 Dec 2019 17:56:52 GMT in
alt.computer.workshop, wrote:

On Sun, 15 Dec 2019 08:02:51 -0000, Diesel
wrote:

"Commander Kinsey"
newsp.0csxfbs0wdg98l@glass Sat, 14 Dec 2019 18:53:25 GMT in
alt.computer.workshop, wrote:

You might want to consider refreshing your headers and/or
changing usenet providers. I see more than a single post
present and more than one copy of the picture you've now had
the pleasure of viewing.

I use altopia, which has excellent retention and I can get
months even years of binaries from every other group. The only
possibility is I've been in that group before (it must have been
months ago as I can't remember it), and deleted what was there
at the time. But there should be stuff form the last few months
at least. Yet there isn't. I very much doubt my newsserver
somehow managed to lose every single post except the very one
you told me about.

I'm still able to pull a total of seven headers from es for that
newsgroup. Seven individual posts I can bring up.

A whole 7! Most binary groups have many hundreds of thousands.

That's the other one that you claimed doesn't exist. G it's
from last year.

A whole year ago. Altopia claims 162 days for binaries. I don't
need more than that.

Heh. 162 days isn't even a single year. So much for that years of
retention

You got OCD? You're sounding like David. And I believe it's a lot higher for text groups.

and you very much doubting your news server lost seven
posts the one I use managed to retain. You were talking ****e.

I told you the group was abandoned, which it is. No posts in 162 days is a very quiet group indeed.

I wasn't aware hpavc was country specific...Whatever your eleven
years experience actually is, it's NOT what I'd consider I.T to
be, based on your posts...You seem to be seriously lacking in
even basic information for the experience you claimed to have in
the field of I.T.

I have IT support experience, not teenage hacking into other
people's networks experience.

You have the equivalent of help desk and cable pulling experience is
what you have. The stuff that's usually reserved for non paid high
school kids and/or non paid newbie interns. An entry level position.
What a kid interested in computers might do for a summer to get a
better idea of the types of work involved in the field and some hands
on experience. Those who take it seriously tend to move beyond that
and go into more specific aspects of it.

Like hacking into things? I prefer the productive side of computing.

You really do come across as someone who hasn't grown up yet.

If you thought I gave a **** what you think of me, or how I act,
think again.

I knew people like you about 20 years ago.

No, you didn't. People like me wouldn't have spent more than a few
minutes talking to you before they decided you should just **** off
and leave them be. I didn't have time for stupid twenty years ago. I
don't have time for it now.

Liar, you've replied to about 150 of my posts.

You're my age, right?

I have no idea how old you are. I don't care. It's none of my
business.

You're middle aged then?

You're not actually a teenager?

Your math skills seem to be as bad as your I.T knowledge.

I was right wasn't I? Mathematically (not mentally), you're past teenage years.

Because you come across as one.

Ok. Again, do you really think your opinion matters to me? Would you
like to know what my opinion of how you come across actually is?

I would imagine anyone in the UK flies over your little Yankee head.
Old December 17th 19, 07:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.computer.workshop
Commander Kinsey

On Tue, 17 Dec 2019 07:06:56 -0000, Diesel wrote:

David
Sun, 15 Dec 2019 20:39:29 GMT in alt.computer.workshop, wrote:

On 15/12/2019 17:52, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sun, 15 Dec 2019 08:02:51 -0000, Diesel
wrote:

"Commander Kinsey"
newsp.0csw4et5wdg98l@glass Sat, 14 Dec 2019 18:46:52 GMT in
alt.computer.workshop, wrote:

That's piracy and I like it.

Rapists like sex, they get sex for free, they like it.

I understand your point but I'd wager that Commander Kinsey
has never raped anyone ....
.... nor written malicious code designed to cause
harm.

David, switch hands and find another horse. There isn't even
dust left. the malicious code you whine about is twenty years
old.

Yeah yeah, you're a different person now, we've heard it all
before.

Ayep. If you can find some malicious code I wrote that's newer
than irok, feel free to share it or a link pointing to it.
Otherwise, deal with the fact that I'm not the same person I was
then. I've changed for what I believe to be the better, whether
you believe it or not.

Hmmmm, in your previous post you wrote:

"OTH, I do hope you took necessary precautions to protect
yourself from, heh, unwanted, large amounts of bandwidth capable
retaliation, full on, blackhat style."

So that would be a direct threat of hacking. Something you
er.... don't do or condone any more? Or have you forgotten you
"saw the light and became a good boy"?

That certainly *DID* sound like he was threatening to actually
hack into your personal computer. :-(

Hmm...

//In other words, raiding a member, taking all of his/her gear and
processing it will provide you nothing of value to be used against
the individual or the group itself. Likewise if you somehow managed
to locate and breach (at least you thought you did) one of our
network
entry points. You'd quickly be discovered and at no time would you
have any 'real' access to anything of value. OTH, I do hope you took
necessary precautions to protect yourself from, heh, unwanted, large
amounts of bandwidth capable retaliation, full on, blackhat style.//

*** end snippit

Is the full text of what I wrote. Explain, in your own words, how
that is in any way a threat of ANY kind, David?

The last sentence you wrote is a direct threat.
"I do hope you took necessary precautions to protect yourself from, heh, unwanted, large amounts of bandwidth capable retaliation, full on, blackhat style."
I guess your 20 years of being a good boy are ending now?

Be wary of Dustin.

Hey David, according to Paul I'm a 'garden variety troll' who doesn't
know a damn thing. And, according to nospam, I razzle dazzle with
buzzwords and bull****. Don't you trust their heh, expert opinions of
me? G

Have you ever stopped to think why so many people have bad opinions of you?

I believe that he COULD do that if he set his
mind to it.

Impossible, David! I couldn't even pass an introductory class in
electronics - so sayeth nospam.

Well you did **** up an blow up all those buildings (so you say, although you keep so much information back you're probably making it all up).
Old December 17th 19, 07:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.computer.workshop
Shadow

On Tue, 17 Dec 2019 19:08:32 -0000, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

On Tue, 17 Dec 2019 07:06:56 -0000, Diesel wrote:

//In other words, raiding a member, taking all of his/her gear and
processing it will provide you nothing of value to be used against
the individual or the group itself. Likewise if you somehow managed
to locate and breach (at least you thought you did) one of our
network entry points. You'd quickly be discovered and at no time would you
have any 'real' access to anything of value. OTH, I do hope you took
necessary precautions to protect yourself from, heh, unwanted, large
amounts of bandwidth capable retaliation, full on, blackhat style.//

*** end snippit

Is the full text of what I wrote. Explain, in your own words, how
that is in any way a threat of ANY kind, David?

The last sentence you wrote is a direct threat.

It was addressed to ANYONE "raiding a member, taking all of
his/her gear and processing it". Read the whole text this time.

If that's what YOU are doing, then yes, it was a warning,
hardly a threat.

According to BD that IS what you do, you BLACK HAT
HACKER.(please ignore if BD was *LYING* again, and you had NO
intention of hacking into anyone's computer).

---------------

Old December 17th 19, 08:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.computer.workshop
Commander Kinsey

wrote:

[...]

Why would he mention it if he didn't think I was going to do it? If I saw you holding a knife to me, would I say "don't shoot me"?

According to BD that IS what you do, you BLACK HAT
HACKER.(please ignore if BD was *LYING* again, and you had NO
intention of hacking into anyone's computer).

No, BD did not say anything like that. You are now lying.
He said precisely "Dustin is actually threatening repercussions to Commander Kinsey if he persists with his investigations into HHI."
That's INVESTIGATIONS, not HACKING.
Old December 19th 19, 07:54 AM posted to alt.computer.workshop,rec.photo.digital
Diesel[_3_]

"Commander Kinsey"
newsp.0cyhzkccwdg98l@glass Tue, 17 Dec 2019 19:05:34 GMT in

I don't have OCD. You wrote:

I use altopia, which has excellent retention and I can get months
even years of binaries from every other group. The only possibility
is I've been in that group before (it must have been months ago as I
can't remember it), and deleted what was there at the time. But
there should be stuff form the last few months at least. Yet there
isn't. I very much doubt my newsserver somehow managed to lose every
single post except the very one you told me about.
*** end snippit

So, either you need to refresh your clients headers for that
newsgroup so it treats those old posts as 'new' to you again, or,
admit you were wrong concerning your doubts. They were clearly,
misplaced. The news server I routinely use, ES, has seven posts in
that newsgroup.

and you very much doubting your news server lost seven
posts the one I use managed to retain. You were talking ****e.

I told you the group was abandoned, which it is. No posts in 162
days is a very quiet group indeed.

You said that you very much doubted that your newsserver would be
missing the posts I referenced. As if to imply that I was somehow,
making the claim of those additional posts existing up; except that
I'm not.

I wasn't aware hpavc was country specific...Whatever your
eleven years experience actually is, it's NOT what I'd consider
I.T to be, based on your posts...You seem to be seriously
lacking in even basic information for the experience you
claimed to have in the field of I.T.

I have IT support experience, not teenage hacking into other
people's networks experience.

You have the equivalent of help desk and cable pulling experience
is what you have. The stuff that's usually reserved for non paid
high school kids and/or non paid newbie interns. An entry level
position. What a kid interested in computers might do for a
summer to get a better idea of the types of work involved in the
field and some hands on experience. Those who take it seriously
tend to move beyond that and go into more specific aspects of it.

Like hacking into things?

That's certainly an available option, and those skills can come in
quite handy. Take for example users who forget the password to their
own local account and/or the administrator account. Prior to
'hacking' the windows registry hive via reverse engineering - it was
reinstall windows time. One no longer has to bother. One can easily
boot the machine off another disc, access the SAM hive and nullify
any previously set password on whatever account they like. While
visiting, one can also promote a normal user account to that of an
administrator; without having to get permission from Windows, or be
logged in with an administrator account.

Best of all though, hacking allows you to develop your own tools to
deal with zero day malware; such as BugHunter. So, if you find
something 'new' thats messing with your clients using the most
recently updated AV, not only can you cure them of the ailment, you
can write a small program to make the process much quicker for other
clients affected with the issue; until the AV/AM companies release
updated definitions to handle the new malware sample, properly.

Hacking also allows you to solve the occasional odd problem. The
source code I shared with you some posts back was created because a
client had a lot of proprietary kdc files from their kodak camera.

They were manually loading each picture one by one to convert it to a
jpeg so that computers without the kodak software in the company
could make use of them. That program takes an entire folder at a time
of kdc files and converts them all, one by one, keeping the original
filename with .jpg appended to valid jpegs which will open with
standard picture viewing/editing software. It can process hundreds of
them in mere seconds; and it's slow as **** all, unoptimized code. I
wrote it in under an hour; most of the hour was spent studying the
kdc files. G At the time, I wasn't able to find suitable
documentation showing me the file format; so I reverse engineered it
during my lunch break.

During the initial ransomware nonsense, before the programmers got
serious about the crypto; I was the only local shop able to go
onsite, checkout your situation, and develop a custom tool to recover
your data, without you having to pay the ransom. It would also go
ahead and search the machine for the malware and if found, terminate
it with extreme prejudice.

Those who are serious about the crypto, but, for whatever reason
incorrectly implemented it allows me to write tools which offer
decryption, too.

AV companies also specialize in reverse engineering, so technically,
they are also Hackers. Infact, if you go by the literal definition,
anyone above your paygrade and knowledge level could qualify.

I like being able to offer services most of the time same day that my
competition can't offer them, because they have no programmers, let
alone coders on staff. I do. What's more, I have atleast! one former
blackhat who knows all the tricks of the trade. This saves alot of
time for malware related calls. We don't have to **** around with the
scanners available to everyone else, hoping that whatever the machine
has is known to it. We can go hunting, on our own, develop our own
inhouse tools to remedy the problem.

I prefer the productive side of computing.

Spending eleven years pulling cable and answering phones at a
helpdesk is not what I'd call a productive use of your time. You
should have graduated beyond that within a few months to a higher
paying position with more responsibility and things to do. Assuming
of course, you were deemed competent enough to do those things.

In fairness, I wouldn't have promoted you either. I probably wouldn't
have hired you in the first place though. I've known greenhorns who
have more general I.T knowledge than what you've demonstrated.

You really do come across as someone who hasn't grown up yet.

If you thought I gave a **** what you think of me, or how I act,
think again.

I knew people like you about 20 years ago.

No, you didn't. People like me wouldn't have spent more than a
few minutes talking to you before they decided you should just
**** off and leave them be. I didn't have time for stupid twenty
years ago. I don't have time for it now.

Liar, you've replied to about 150 of my posts.

Speaking to you via usenet isn't the same as speaking to you in
person. You claimed that you knew people, personally, like me. You
never did know anyone else like me. You don't even know what a
Grayhat Hacker is, despite having been corresponding with me via
usenet for a period of time now.

You're my age, right?

I have no idea how old you are. I don't care. It's none of my
business.

You're middle aged then?

If my age is that important to you, I'm sure David can either email
you a copy of a screenshot he took, or share the contents on usenet.
Just ask him.

You're not actually a teenager?

Your math skills seem to be as bad as your I.T knowledge.

I was right wasn't I? Mathematically (not mentally), you're past
teenage years.

Are you really that slow? Irok is nearly twenty years old, and it was
the last (not the first) virus I wrote. This is a press release about
the first virus I wrote, 22 years ago..

Nabbed: One new nasty virus
By Robert Lemos
April 25, 1997 1:21 PM PDT
ZDNN
A previously unknown virus was found last night
by the technical staff at ZDNet.
The virus, which will be identified as HLL5850
and WEED.5850 by two major anti-virus
utilities, was discovered in a routine scan
performed on all files to be posted on ZDNet's
Software Library. The virus affects all
DOS-based systems, including those running
Windows 3.1 and Windows 95.
The virus is particularly nasty: Any .com or .exe
files will be targeted and encrypted -- essentially
corrupted -- by the virus. The 5.85KB virus was
not detected by any of the current crop of
anti-virus utilities; it was discovered when
ZDNet technicians noticed it corrupting files on
test machines. The corrupted files were sent to
anti-virus utility makers Dr. Solomon's Software,
Inc. and Symantec Corp. on Tuesday morning
and both companies had isolated the virus and
published patches for their utilities by yesterday
evening.
Users can download a free patch for either utility
to protect against the virus from the ZDNet
Software Library. The patches were created in
cooperation with Symantec's and Dr. Solomon's
engineers. "[The patch will save] PC users the
agony of having to replace large amounts of
corrupted data," said Preston Gralla, executive
editor in charge of the ZDNet Software Library.
The virus, like most, resides in an executable
file.
Symantec's patch will not only detect and
remove the virus, but also restore scrambled
files. There is only one caveat -- files smaller
than the virus itself -- 5850 bytes -- are usually
unrecoverable. At present, the patch released
by Dr. Solomon's will only detect and remove
the virus.
Who is responsible for the virus is yet unknown.
"We don't know which file it came in on," said
Gralla. ZDNet technicians continue to work on
narrowing down the candidates.
One possible symptom of the virus that could tip
off users -- the virus can cause the computer to
display an animated set of traveling dots, similar
to a starfield screensaver.

****

Since they are decades old, I couldn't have written them AND be a
teenager now. The math doesn't add up.

Haven't you been paying attention to what David has been accusing me
of? You've replied enough times. Are you just jerking people around,
as I suspected and voiced my opinion of awhile back?

Because you come across as one.

Ok. Again, do you really think your opinion matters to me? Would
you like to know what my opinion of how you come across actually
is?

I would imagine anyone in the UK flies over your little Yankee
head.

You aren't making any sense...

--
Cats must climb on top of the fridge and knock the magnets off the
front.
Old December 19th 19, 07:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.computer.workshop
Diesel[_3_]

"Commander Kinsey"
newsp.0cym67bowdg98l@glass Tue, 17 Dec 2019 20:58:09 GMT in

wrote:

[...]

Why are you assuming I threatened you specifically, when you
indicated nothing of the sort previously:

I wrote this:

In other words, raiding a member, taking all of his/her gear and
processing it will provide you nothing of value to be used against
the individual or the group itself. Likewise if you somehow
managed to locate and breach (atleast you thought you did) one of
our network entry points. You'd quickly be discovered and at no
time would you have any 'real' access to anything of value. OTH, I
do hope you took necessary precautions to protect yourself from,
heh, unwanted, large amounts of bandwidth capable retaliation,
full on, blackhat style.

We aren't called Happy Hacker Industries for ****s and giggles.

You replied with this:

No, you're hardened criminals who take revenge on people for a
laugh, you're no better than gun-toting arseholes that shoot people
for kicks. Oh wait, you ARE one of those! You belong to a rifle
club! You're a ****ing murderer that belongs in the wild west. Do
grow up and join modern society.

*** end snippit

In full context, as I originally wrote it, as you clearly originally
read and responded to, anyone should be able to see that no threat of
any kind has been issued to you or anyone else, specifically.

According to BD that IS what you do, you BLACK HAT
HACKER.(please ignore if BD was *LYING* again, and you had NO
intention of hacking into anyone's computer).

No, BD did not say anything like that. You are now lying.
He said precisely "Dustin is actually threatening repercussions to
Commander Kinsey if he persists with his investigations into HHI."
That's INVESTIGATIONS, not HACKING.

Are you investigating HHI?

--
Cannibalism is a small price to pay for popularity.
Old December 19th 19, 07:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.computer.workshop
Diesel[_3_]

"Commander Kinsey"
newsp.0cyh4i16wdg98l@glass Tue, 17 Dec 2019 19:08:32 GMT in

wrote:

[...]

retaliation, full on, blackhat style." I guess your 20 years of
being a good boy are ending now?

A direct threat to who, specifically? And how, exactly, is reprisal
against someone who's committed criminal computer trespass a threat
in the first place?

And why didn't you mention your fear of reprisal (your nuts, since I
didn't threaten you or anyone else in the first place) when you
responded to my post, containing the full context, the first time?

I didn't detect any concern for your well being, or assumption that I
had threatened you when you replied and quoted the full context:

I wrote this:

[...]

So, at what point did things change? When David quoted me out of
context and lied about my having threatened you? Or, is this whole,
you threatened me, whine whine like a bitch, something the two of you
put together via email before posting about it here?

Be wary of Dustin.

Hey David, according to Paul I'm a 'garden variety troll' who
doesn't know a damn thing. And, according to nospam, I razzle
dazzle with buzzwords and bull****. Don't you trust their heh,
expert opinions of me? G

Have you ever stopped to think why so many people have bad
opinions of you?

Define so many people. Put an actual number on it.

I believe that he COULD do that if he set his
mind to it.

Impossible, David! I couldn't even pass an introductory class in
electronics - so sayeth nospam.

Well you did **** up an blow up all those buildings (so you say,
although you keep so much information back you're probably making
it all up).

I did ****up, yep. I was a very young teenager at the time though. I
didn't blow up anything other than the devices power supply in the
literal sense.

We've already been over this. I explained as best as possible without
just telling you what I did and what happened as a result. If you
still haven't figured it out (it should be ****ing obvious with the
clues I gave you!), then I would also question the claims of your
physics knowledge as I presently do your actual I.T knowledge. I
suspect I'll find the physics claim to be just as invalid as the I.T
claim turned out being?

--
Use your wit to amuse, not abuse nor confuse the stupid.
Old December 19th 19, 07:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.computer.workshop
Diesel[_3_]

David

wrote:

"Commander Kinsey"
newsp.0csw4et5wdg98l@glass Sat, 14 Dec 2019 18:46:52 GMT in
alt.computer.workshop, wrote:

That's piracy and I like it.

Rapists like sex, they get sex for free, they like it.

I understand your point but I'd wager that Commander Kinsey
has never raped anyone ....
ツ*ツ*ツ*ツ*ツ*ツ*ツ*ツ*ツ* .... nor written malicious code
designed to cause ツ*ツ*ツ*ツ*ツ*ツ*ツ*ツ*ツ* harm.

David, switch hands and find another horse. There isn't even
dust left. the malicious code you whine about is twenty
years old.

Yeah yeah, you're a different person now, we've heard it all
before.

Ayep. If you can find some malicious code I wrote that's newer
than irok, feel free to share it or a link pointing to it.
Otherwise, deal with the fact that I'm not the same person I
was then. I've changed for what I believe to be the better,
whether you believe it or not.

Hmmmm, in your previous post you wrote:

"OTH, I do hope you took necessary precautions to protect
yourself from, heh, unwanted, large amounts of bandwidth
capable retaliation, full on, blackhat style."

So that would be a direct threat of hacking.ツ* Something you
er.... don't do or condone any more?ツ* Or have you forgotten
[...]

Why do you lie so poorly David? Anyone can see that I wasn't
threatening the troll of many nyms or anyone else in particular. One
can also see that you tried to ever so carefully, take a section of
what I wrote OUT OF CONTEXT to give it a different meaning. I don't
believe the troll of many nyms really fell for it though, because
they already replied to the post which has the entire paragraph you
lifted a few sentences from.

So again, David, in full context as I wrote, without your snipping
efforts, how is it a threat to anyone? One would have to either
physically raid an HHI members house, And/or discover one of our
network access points and commit criminal computer trespass to break
into it. One cannot complain about a reprisal when said person is
breaking the law by physical or virtual criminal trespass and
attempted unauthorized access to someone elses gear.

If anything, the individual trying to do this should expect if they
get caught they're going to be dealt with in a very harsh and most
unpleasant manner; they're trying to do something they shouldn't be
doing to someone elses equipment, after all.

Be wary of Dustin.

Hey David, according to Paul I'm a 'garden variety troll' who
doesn't know a damn thing. And, according to nospam, I razzle
dazzle with buzzwords and bull****. Don't you trust their heh,
expert opinions of me? G

Paul is a nice guy - and mistaken in this instance.

I'm inclined to agree with you on this. Paul and myself have had a
pleasant discussion or two; but I wasn't using this nym at the time.
I actually took some offense when he judged me prematurely and
brushed me off as a troll. G If I'd been using my normal posting
nym, he wouldn't have done me like that.

Some people are too quick to judge a book by it's cover. I used to
take pleasure in taking advantage of those kinds of people. You see,
David, they tend to be on the greedy side too; and very self serving.
If you have social engineering in mind, these are two traits you can
play to your advantage, so long as you know how.

Another positive attribute one has if one is a Hacker.

And yes, he's very mistaken.

I believe that he COULD do that if he set his
mind to it.

Impossible, David! I couldn't even pass an introductory class in
electronics - so sayeth nospam.

Maybe he's right. You'd probably try to 'wing it', IYKWIM

I don't know what you mean, no. And, no he's not right. I just
confirmed for myself what is/what isn't gone over or otherwise
seriously discussed in the introductory classes to electronics.
There's analog AND digital, and they are seperate classes for
starters. And you don't learn about the principles involved in the
circuit I designed in those classes; that comes later, IF you stay in
the program.

I confirmed this by speaking with two instructors, one from each
local university here as well as several 'students' of those classes
that I know personally. Matter of fact, one works for me; he's
working on his engineering degree. His introductory classwork
consisted of learning what a series and parallel circuit are. What AC
is, what DC is, and he remembers hooking a battery up to a small
light and explaining how the circuit worked to the rest of the class,
several weeks if not months into the program.

They didn't do any soldering, and didn't even touch on what an
oscilloscope is or it's uses. Diodes, transistors, resistors, etc
wasn't mentioned in the introductory classes for sveral weeks, and
only a "general" going over was provided.

The introductory classes do not get transistor type specific, diode
type specific, etc. It's a very generalized 'this is what they do'
type of introduction to them.

ICs are as I suspected, touched upon in the introductory classes. And
by touched upon, I mean pin count and terminology and general visual
descriptions of through hole/socket style ICs.

No specific details concerning types of available opamps (such as the
LM358), micro controllers, voltage regulators, 555 timers, 4017
counters, etc. Those are some examples of well known ICs that are
used in a variety of circuits and make for excellent teaching
purposes.

Very basic, general purpose, transformer information was provided
towards the end of the first series of introductory classes. Nothing
was mentioned about specific types.

And finally (I bet you thought it would never end?! ) schematics,
aka, circuit diagrams are BARELY covered in the introductory classes;
but you do learn all about those as you continue further into the
program. They start you out learning the most basic things, David.
They take the assumption that you don't know your ass from a hole in
the ground concerning the subject. As in, you don't even know the
difference between the power provided by a battery and the power
provided by an electrical outlet in your home.

Like I said, nospam either went to a very unique college/university
tha had fast paced education in mind, or, they are bull****ting ever
so slightly.

David, I provided the schematic to my circuit to both instructors,
And they both agreed, that's NOT something that would be covered in
the introductory classes, the principles involved come later on; for
those who stick with the program and don't drop out well before hand.

And I was reminded how dangerous the circuit actually is, depending
on the transformer it's feeding and the amperage capacity of the
power supply. Which reinforces the warnings on the circuit schematic,
the video description and what I've written online concerning it.

It's NOT a toy. Okay, so it's a 'toy' for umm, big kids, AKA adults
who are legally responsible for their own actions and possible demise
as a result of them. You get the idea.

Neither instructor would allow any of their students to try and build
it, not because it was lacking in a proper snubber circuit, but
because it was inherently dangerous for someone who had essentially
no clue about the components on the board, barely able to read a
schematic, even though mine was 'well designed' !!! or understood any
of the principles involved in the circuits operation.

And, at no time, David, did I ever claim my circuit is perfect or
without issues of any kind. I've claimed since day one, it's a work
in progress, experimental. IE: hardware 'beta' G I'm well aware of
the program nospam considers to be serious, and I agree with the
individual, it's a serious problem from the standpoint of user safety
while the circuit is running. It's also still a potential problem for
the circuits components themselves. And, it presently cannot share a
power rail with another circuit as it'll make the power rail very
noisy which could interfere with the circuit sharing it. The fets
gate is still subject to a voltage spiking issue as well. My
freewheeling diode configuration isn't even close to a perfect
snubber.

And, this particular configuration of my circuit is a square wave
pulse with optional modulation that has to be tuned for the coil
you're running; which can be a pain in the ass in it's own right.

Tuning is important though if you want to get the most out of the
coil you're driving. CCFL's start driving nicely at 10kz, but, they
get a lot more efficient and produce alot more voltage at 20kz.

An ignition coil like the one you've seen used in my videos prefers
much lower frequencies. You can explode them, as in, pop the can,
mineral oil mess everywhere by over driving frequency on them and/or
duty cycle; they aren't meant to go 70% or more and remain there.

You can explode other types of coils with the driver too, though.
Flybacks in particular are sensitive to begin with and have
additional components inside them that you can harm if you aren't
careful.

I do agree with nospam that my driver isn't anything special or
truely unique, it's been done, lots of times before. Every schematic
I've seen on the subject is different; it's like viewing art. G

That being said, I don't agree that you're going to be building a
circuit like that, or, knowing enough about the components used on
the circuit to build one, using introductory class to electronics
knowledge only. You'd have to cheat, by using my schematic or someone
elses; being able to read said schematic and assemble the circuit
accordingly. Or, carefully watching a video or having someone explain
the assembly process to you step by step.

It'll become obvious that you don't have a clue if you take those
routes though, you'll have troubleshooting to perform and if you
don't know anything about the components and or the circuit, you'll
never get it up and going. Remember, I told you, it has to be tuned
to the coil you're using. It can play 'dead' if it's too far out of
tune, but still be making enough juice if you come into contact with
the coils output side to shock you or worse, all without being able
to generate an arc you can see.

And if you have it way out of tune for that coil on startup, you
don't have all day to bring it closer in sync with that coil. Every
second it runs that far out of tune, is a second you're risking
component damage, depending on the coil and the settings it's already
running at. You can also burn the coil out in a short period of time
if you screw off too long out of tune.

There's a few troubleshooting steps to take to determine if the
driver itself has actually failed. Those steps will tell you which
component(s) are dead; so you can quickly change them out and
continue on.

If you don't really know what you're doing, you won't be able to
quickly figure out if the 555 died, the fet died, or they are both
dead. You may not figure it out at all, and change out both, never
knowing which of the two (or both possibly) is infact, a dead
component.

And, you might not realize why one or both died on you, either; so
you won't take any corrective action. You'll just continue blowing
components up. Oh, there's something else that runs hot depending on
duty cycle and frequency pretty fast, so you'll have to keep an eye
on it. Using those settings, the circuit cannot run for long periods
of time. That component will overheat and if you're using the same
type of coil as shown in my videos, it'll be damn hot to the touch by
then too.

Nospam should pay attention to what I tell him.

In this particular case, I agree with you. I'm also confident that
the individual isn't going to take your advice. Much to my advantage,
wouldn't you say, David?

--
How do you make a cat go moo? Ask it 'Does a dog have the Buddha-
nature?'
Old December 19th 19, 09:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.computer.workshop
David[_22_]

wrote:

"Commander Kinsey"
newsp.0csw4et5wdg98l@glass Sat, 14 Dec 2019 18:46:52 GMT in
alt.computer.workshop, wrote:

That's piracy and I like it.

Rapists like sex, they get sex for free, they like it.

I understand your point but I'd wager that Commander Kinsey
has never raped anyone ....
テつ*テつ*テつ*テつ*テつ*テつ*テつ*テつ*テつ* .... nor written malicious code
designed to cause テつ*テつ*テつ*テつ*テつ*テつ*テつ*テつ*テつ* harm.

David, switch hands and find another horse. There isn't even
dust left. the malicious code you whine about is twenty
years old.

Yeah yeah, you're a different person now, we've heard it all
before.

Ayep. If you can find some malicious code I wrote that's newer
than irok, feel free to share it or a link pointing to it.
Otherwise, deal with the fact that I'm not the same person I
was then. I've changed for what I believe to be the better,
whether you believe it or not.

Hmmmm, in your previous post you wrote:

"OTH, I do hope you took necessary precautions to protect
yourself from, heh, unwanted, large amounts of bandwidth
capable retaliation, full on, blackhat style."

So that would be a direct threat of hacking.テつ* Something you
er.... don't do or condone any more?テつ* Or have you forgotten
[...]

When are you going to stop thinking that I'm a fool, Dustin?

I didn't 'lie' about anything.

Be wary of Dustin.

Hey David, according to Paul I'm a 'garden variety troll' who
doesn't know a damn thing. And, according to nospam, I razzle
dazzle with buzzwords and bull****. Don't you trust their heh,
expert opinions of me? G

Paul is a nice guy - and mistaken in this instance.

I'm inclined to agree with you on this. Paul and myself have had a
pleasant discussion or two; but I wasn't using this nym at the time.
I actually took some offense when he judged me prematurely and
brushed me off as a troll. G If I'd been using my normal posting
nym, he wouldn't have done me like that.

How many pseudonyms do you have?

Some people are too quick to judge a book by it's cover. I used to
take pleasure in taking advantage of those kinds of people. You see,
David, they tend to be on the greedy side too; and very self serving.
If you have social engineering in mind, these are two traits you can
play to your advantage, so long as you know how.

I don't understand why you want *TO TAKE ADVANTAGE* of people.

Another positive attribute one has if one is a Hacker.

Help and encouragement are much better traits which you could develop.

And yes, he's very mistaken.

He's most certainly mistaken about *ME*!

[...]

My techie friend actually thinks you are quite clever - although a bit
'messy' with your practical work. You would have benefited a great deal
from the practical training given to Royal Navy Artificers.

As well as your missing knob, I also noticed the dirt/dust on your
soldering iron stand. We were all taught that "Cleanliness is next to
Godliness"! Perhaps you should start practising both?!!!

Nospam should pay attention to what I tell him.

In this particular case, I agree with you. I'm also confident that
the individual isn't going to take your advice. Much to my advantage,
wouldn't you say, David?

Yes. Absolutely! :-)

--
David