Resurrecting a jpeg?

Old December 14th 19, 10:16 PM posted to alt.computer.workshop,rec.photo.digital
Commander Kinsey

Default Resurrecting a jpeg?

On Sat, 14 Dec 2019 19:59:53 -0000, Shadow wrote:

On Sat, 14 Dec 2019 18:41:43 -0000, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

And you seem to forget what you wrote yourself. One minute you're upset that David believes in copyright, now you're making out you believe in it too.

BD believes the RIAA are *good guys* , not the
groups/singers. Because the RIAA are stinking rich, they *MUST* be
good, even if the groups/singers sink in debt.
OTOH BD has no problem with posting copyrighted PERSONAL media
which he obtained through email from people that trusted him and asked
him to keep it PRIVATE.
If you can't see the difference, you lack a moral compass.

One of those just isn't copyright. Copyright is to do with money, not privacy.

FYI I fart in the general direction of the RIAA and BD's idea
of morals.
Dog save HHI, and all the other people that work hard to make
good music available for others.

I just get anything I can for free and don't give a **** about paying for anything I don't have to.
Old December 14th 19, 10:29 PM posted to alt.computer.workshop,rec.photo.digital
David[_22_]

On 14/12/2019 22:16, Commander Kinsey wrote:
BD has no problem with posting copyrighted PERSONAL media
which he obtained through email from people that trusted him and asked
him to keep it PRIVATE.

Do you think Shadow has the balls to back up what he claims?

Maybe he'll give YOU a Message ID with evidence - he certainly won't
give it to me. I *KNOW* he lies in every post!
Old December 14th 19, 10:31 PM posted to alt.computer.workshop,rec.photo.digital
David[_22_]

On 14/12/2019 22:14, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sat, 14 Dec 2019 20:05:29 -0000, Shadow wrote:

On Sat, 14 Dec 2019 18:53:25 -0000, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

On Sat, 14 Dec 2019 07:39:42 -0000, Diesel wrote:

Davids only religion is the bottle. Don't kid yourself. There's
nothing in the book people like him like to thump that supports in
any way what he admitted to doing.

Why do you think there's something wrong with alcohol?

****Among all addictive drugs, it's the only one that hurts OTHER
PEOPLE more than it hurts the addict.
****Look it up. Or read BD's posts.

I can hurt people without any drugs.* It's the person that hurts, not
the drugs.

Spot on.

Thank you for not trying to hurt me. :-)
Old December 14th 19, 11:25 PM posted to alt.computer.workshop,rec.photo.digital
Commander Kinsey

wrote:

On Sat, 14 Dec 2019 07:39:42 -0000, Diesel wrote:

Davids only religion is the bottle. Don't kid yourself. There's
nothing in the book people like him like to thump that supports in
any way what he admitted to doing.

Why do you think there's something wrong with alcohol?

Among all addictive drugs, it's the only one that hurts OTHER
PEOPLE more than it hurts the addict.
Look it up. Or read BD's posts.

I can hurt people without any drugs. It's the person that hurts, not
the drugs.

Spot on.

Thank you for not trying to hurt me. :-)

I have a picture of your boat. I will find you and attack you with my canoe. My canoe has killed before - a red deer stag which tried to jump in front of my car while I was doing 90mph with the canoe on my roof.
Old December 14th 19, 11:27 PM posted to alt.computer.workshop,rec.photo.digital
Commander Kinsey

On Sat, 14 Dec 2019 22:29:09 -0000, David wrote:

On 14/12/2019 22:16, Commander Kinsey wrote:
BD has no problem with posting copyrighted PERSONAL media
which he obtained through email from people that trusted him and asked
him to keep it PRIVATE.

Do you think Shadow has the balls to back up what he claims?

Maybe he'll give YOU a Message ID with evidence - he certainly won't
give it to me. I *KNOW* he lies in every post!

If somebody gives someone a picture, they can't guarantee it won't get passed along. That's just silly. You need to tell shadow to look up the word "gossip" in the dictionary.
Old December 15th 19, 08:02 AM posted to alt.computer.workshop,rec.photo.digital
Diesel[_3_]

"Commander Kinsey"
newsp.0cswvtebwdg98l@glass Sat, 14 Dec 2019 18:41:43 GMT in
alt.computer.workshop, wrote:

On Sat, 14 Dec 2019 07:39:41 -0000, Diesel
wrote:

"Commander Kinsey"
newsp.0cph66a0wdg98l@glass Thu, 12 Dec 2019 22:31:44 GMT in
alt.computer.workshop, wrote:

On Wed, 11 Dec 2019 05:55:42 -0000, Diesel
wrote:

"Commander Kinsey"
newsp.0clbvmglwdg98l@glass Tue, 10 Dec 2019 16:24:48 GMT in
alt.computer.workshop, wrote:

On Tue, 10 Dec 2019 09:18:16 -0000, Diesel
wrote:
[snip]

I didn't say anything about cost. Free or otherwise...

You said "no subscription", that means free. Or were you
doing word games?

That doesn't mean free. That just means there's no recurring
cost in the financial sense. There is in drive space
consumption, but, hey, nothings really free. No, I wasn't
playing word games.

It sounded like you were avoiding paying, and since you made
torrents....

You seem to have the same tendency for writing bull**** as David
Brooks does. I made torrents while I was developing software
intended to make use of the torrent file itself, yes. That does
NOT mean I created torrents with copyrighted material and passed
them around, as you clearly implied with your statement.

HHI copied mp3s so we could all enjoy them. You're in HHI.

Are you sure you have eleven years experience in I.T? The reason I
ask is because HHI doesn't copy mp3s. HHI takes an original cd, uses
EAC to rip it using secure mode rip. Once that's finished, the
resulting .wav files which were created by EAC are passed along to
LAME v3.90.3 for the encoding process.

The original .wav files are then deleted to recover drive space. The
newly created mp3s are properly named and tagged, the .nfo is created
and the 'release' is finished. Duplicates of said release are made
for archival purposes. They are pushed to the other pieces of the
network which consists of HHI.

From there, it's sent to private servers. And that's as specific with
the process as i'm going to get with you.

Various protection is in place to prevent any data from being
released to unauthorized individuals in the unlikely event of a
security breach remotely, or a localized one via some kind of raid.

In other words, raiding a member, taking all of his/her gear and
processing it will provide you nothing of value to be used against
the individual or the group itself. Likewise if you somehow managed
to locate and breach (atleast you thought you did) one of our network
entry points. You'd quickly be discovered and at no time would you
have any 'real' access to anything of value. OTH, I do hope you took
necessary precautions to protect yourself from, heh, unwanted, large
amounts of bandwidth capable retaliation, full on, blackhat style.

We aren't called Happy Hacker Industries for ****s and giggles. G

Half the world copies music for free. And
you helped us all out with your HHI torrents.

If you're thankful for the service we provide at great cost, please
assist us by telling others about the evils of the RIAA and encourage
them to directly support the artists they enjoy.

--
If you jog in a jogging suit, lounge in lounging pyjamas, and smoke
in a smoking jacket, why would anyone want to wear a windbreaker?
Old December 15th 19, 08:02 AM posted to alt.computer.workshop,rec.photo.digital
Diesel[_3_]

"Commander Kinsey"
newsp.0csxfbs0wdg98l@glass Sat, 14 Dec 2019 18:53:25 GMT in
alt.computer.workshop, wrote:

You might want to consider refreshing your headers and/or
changing usenet providers. I see more than a single post present
and more than one copy of the picture you've now had the pleasure
of viewing.

I use altopia, which has excellent retention and I can get months
even years of binaries from every other group. The only
possibility is I've been in that group before (it must have been
months ago as I can't remember it), and deleted what was there at
the time. But there should be stuff form the last few months at
least. Yet there isn't. I very much doubt my newsserver somehow
managed to lose every single post except the very one you told me
about.

I'm still able to pull a total of seven headers from es for that
newsgroup. Seven individual posts I can bring up.

That's the other one that you claimed doesn't exist. G it's from
last year.

five others besides my two remain. If you can't see them, you don't
have the good retention you thought you did.

I.T. for eleven years you claimed? Yet, you know nothing of the
hpavc scenes; yet seem to be quite pleased with being on the
receiving end of some of the fruits of the scenes labor.

Not only are you a rather generic troll, you're a bit more than a
slight ****wit bull****ter, too.

Why the **** would you think working in IT would mean I'd be
familiar with silly little geek groups in another country? You're
like a bunch of little teenagers hacking into things and ****ing
about for a laugh. You see, in my work I dealt with adults.

I wasn't aware hpavc was country specific...Whatever your eleven
years experience actually is, it's NOT what I'd consider I.T to be,
based on your posts...You seem to be seriously lacking in even basic
information for the experience you claimed to have in the field of
I.T.

--
Baby robins eat 14 feet of worms a day.
Old December 15th 19, 08:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.computer.workshop
Diesel[_3_]

"Commander Kinsey"
newsp.0csw4et5wdg98l@glass Sat, 14 Dec 2019 18:46:52 GMT in
alt.computer.workshop, wrote:

It's the reason the rich get rich, by haggling. If you pay the
price quoted, you get poor. When I take my car to the garage, I
don't accept the £400 bill. I reject what they want to do, tell
them what I want done, and provide the parts for them, that way
they can't rip me off with markup. They get the labour fee and
nothing else.

Hey, that's fine with me. So long as you understand that you'll pay
me for doing exactly what YOU told me to do, whether it works or not.

On the other hand, if you let me diagnose it and perform the fix I
recommended, I'm responsible for the results. If you decide to
diagnose it and you're wrong, you're still going to pay me for my
time even if it's worse off than it was before you brought it to me.

And if you want it fixed right, like it should have been the first
time, you're going to pay me *again* to do it.

You're better off letting me take a look at it, I'm the expert here.
If you (a) knew what you were doing and (b) had the
knowledge/tools/equipment to fix it yourself, you wouldn't have
brought it to me.

And, if I used your parts, I don't have any warranty on them or my
labor. If the part is some cheap junk and doesn't last, that's your
problem. I installed it, as per your request, you provided it. Done
deal.

But, if you want to pay me twice to **** it up as you wanted and then
fix it, like it should be, I'm okay with that. I'll try to discourage
you from being so dumb about it, but I won't force you not to. I like
money well enough. Especially money you're going to be giving me for
being stupid. Sure.

And if you bring me the outright, totally wrong ****ing part to
install, it's billable time while you come and get this part and
bring me the right one, it sure the **** is. I've got other **** to
be doing and don't wanna be wasting time with this dumb **** you're
doing to try and save a dollar. And your equipment, that you brought
me, that you told me to only use your parts on is taking up space in
my building that could be making me money. You will pay me for that
time. The time I'm wasting with your machine, because you brought me
the wrong ****ing part for it the first time around.

Go cheap, take shortcuts like you do, you pay more in the long run.
You're better off doing it right the first time.

And I'll be damned if i'll take on any client who wants to play
'lets make a deal about what you're not going to charge me' in
person or over the phone. I don't like turning down jobs, but, if
you call or I meet you in person and I give you my rates and/or
an estimate and you come back at me with half price per hour or
some crazy nonsense, you are welcome to call and/or speak with
one of my competitors.

Ah, so you only take on the gullible people that will just give
you the inflated price you make up. You're a ****ing cowboy.

My price is fair. I'm not the cheapest here nor the most expensive. I
know what I'm worth and I charge accordingly.

You're a liar, then. I've told you, many times, HHI does NOT
release torrents of any kind to any place. No group that I know of
who's 'scene' level does. There's another system in place for the
transportation to the masses. And, I wasted the time more than
once previously explaining that to you, as well. I won't do so
again.

There's HHI stuff on piratebay.

Yep, and many other places. HHI can't take any credit for that
though, it's all the work of the distro groups. HHI is fortunate to
be in their good graces. That's the transportation system I mentioned
...*shrug*. Seriously, how can you not know any of this and have
eleven years experience in I.T? I don't understand that.

For free.

That's the idea.

And you linked to it

I did what?

you personally sent the link for David to look at.

I've posted many links for david to look at over the years. I've had
the misfortune of knowing him for a long time now.

The links are available with a simple google search. I just shared
some results with him.

That's piracy and I like it.

Rapists like sex, they get sex for free, they like it.

I understand your point but I'd wager that Commander Kinsey has
never raped anyone ....
.... nor written malicious code designed to cause
harm.

David, switch hands and find another horse. There isn't even dust
left. the malicious code you whine about is twenty years old.

Yeah yeah, you're a different person now, we've heard it all
before.

Ayep. If you can find some malicious code I wrote that's newer than
irok, feel free to share it or a link pointing to it. Otherwise, deal
with the fact that I'm not the same person I was then. I've changed
for what I believe to be the better, whether you believe it or not.

--
Should crematoriums give discounts for burn victims?
Old December 15th 19, 09:48 AM posted to alt.computer.workshop,rec.photo.digital
Shadow

wrote:

On Sat, 14 Dec 2019 07:39:42 -0000, Diesel wrote:

Davids only religion is the bottle. Don't kid yourself. There's
nothing in the book people like him like to thump that supports in
any way what he admitted to doing.

Why do you think there's something wrong with alcohol?

Among all addictive drugs, it's the only one that hurts OTHER
PEOPLE more than it hurts the addict.
Look it up. Or read BD's posts.

I can hurt people without any drugs. It's the person that hurts, not the drugs.

I'm happy to know you have a post grad in Medicine, as I do.
I thought you were only a Doctor in IT.
My references must be different to yours. What do you
practice, Chinese medicine?
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Old December 15th 19, 05:36 PM posted to alt.computer.workshop,rec.photo.digital
Commander Kinsey

wrote:
[...]

From there, it's sent to private servers.

So you took a CD, ripped it to make mp3s (illegally - not that I care, I do it myself, but at least I admit to it), then passed it about, then you complain because it got out further than you would have liked.

And that's as specific with the process as i'm going to get with you.

Hiding something are you?

Various protection is in place to prevent any data from being
released to unauthorized individuals in the unlikely event of a
security breach remotely, or a localized one via some kind of raid.

Funny how anyone can get all the HHI stuff on Piratebay....

In other words, raiding a member, taking all of his/her gear and
processing it will provide you nothing of value to be used against
the individual or the group itself. Likewise if you somehow managed
to locate and breach (atleast you thought you did) one of our network
entry points. You'd quickly be discovered and at no time would you
have any 'real' access to anything of value. OTH, I do hope you took
necessary precautions to protect yourself from, heh, unwanted, large
amounts of bandwidth capable retaliation, full on, blackhat style.

We aren't called Happy Hacker Industries for ****s and giggles. G

No, you're hardened criminals who take revenge on people for a laugh, you're no better than gun-toting arseholes that shoot people for kicks. Oh wait, you ARE one of those! You belong to a rifle club! You're a ****ing murderer that belongs in the wild west. Do grow up and join modern society.

Half the world copies music for free. And
you helped us all out with your HHI torrents.

If you're thankful for the service we provide at great cost, please
assist us by telling others about the evils of the RIAA and encourage
them to directly support the artists they enjoy.

I don't support the RIAA or the artists.