Uncropped shot of a flower.

Old March 1st 08, 03:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Pete D

Default Uncropped shot of a flower.

All the artistic types can do what they like with it and not tell me off
because they did not like the way I cropped it.

Enjoy and post your results soon.

Cheers.

Pete

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2180/...19345233_o.jpg

Old March 1st 08, 10:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Sosumi

"Pete D" wrote in message
All the artistic types can do what they like with it and not tell me off
because they did not like the way I cropped it.

Enjoy and post your results soon.

Cheers.

Pete

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2180/...19345233_o.jpg

Too over saturated.

--
Sosumi

Old March 1st 08, 11:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Pete D

"Sosumi" wrote in message

"Pete D" wrote in message
All the artistic types can do what they like with it and not tell me off
because they did not like the way I cropped it.

Enjoy and post your results soon.

Cheers.

Pete

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2180/...19345233_o.jpg

Too over saturated.

--
Sosumi

So how much oversaterated would be okay? Actually it is exactly as it was.

Old March 1st 08, 12:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Sosumi

"Pete D" wrote in message

"Sosumi" wrote in message

"Pete D" wrote in message
All the artistic types can do what they like with it and not tell me off
because they did not like the way I cropped it.

Enjoy and post your results soon.

Cheers.

Pete

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2180/...19345233_o.jpg

Too over saturated.

--
Sosumi

So how much oversaterated would be okay? Actually it is exactly as it was.

Hard to tell, because when I opened it in NX Capture, the program told me it
"has a modification that is not on this computer". EXIF is missing and it's
not a photo that came straight out of the camera. I think I see some tomato
plants in the background and they are not so bright green here in Portugal.
Possibly only the magenta needs to be cut a little.
What camera did you shoot it with?

--
Sosumi

Old March 1st 08, 01:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Celcius

"Sosumi" wrote in message

"Pete D" wrote in message
All the artistic types can do what they like with it and not tell me off
because they did not like the way I cropped it.

Enjoy and post your results soon.

Cheers.

Pete

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2180/...19345233_o.jpg

Too over saturated.

Sosumi,
I'm trying to get a handle at certains terms (I'm colour blind to a certain
extent).
What do you mean by "oversaturated", please? In otherr words, how can you
judge? Is it "too red"? Could you please explain.
I'm also aware that different monitors may show variances.
Thanks,
Marcel

Old March 1st 08, 01:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David J Taylor[_5_]

Celcius wrote:
[]
Sosumi,
I'm trying to get a handle at certains terms (I'm colour blind to a
certain extent).
What do you mean by "oversaturated", please? In otherr words, how can
you judge? Is it "too red"? Could you please explain.
I'm also aware that different monitors may show variances.
Thanks,
Marcel

Oversaturated = too much colour

Imagine a coloured cloth which has been exposed to the sun and looks
washed-out. Insufficient colour (compared to the original). Too little
saturation. Now imagine the opposite. Over-saturated. If you have
access to a TV with a "colour" (color) control, varying the control varies
the amount of saturation. It's not a colour shift (which might be shown
by a "tint" control).

I hope that helps.

David

Old March 1st 08, 01:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Celcius

"Sosumi" wrote in message

"Pete D" wrote in message

"Sosumi" wrote in message

"Pete D" wrote in message
[...]

I did "levels" in Photoshop and got this:
http://celestart.com/images/publiques/flower.jpg
Is it less saturated?
By the way, I checked the EXIF... You're right. None.
Marcel

Old March 1st 08, 01:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Celcius

"David J Taylor"
wrote in
message m...
Celcius wrote:
[]
Sosumi,
I'm trying to get a handle at certains terms (I'm colour blind to a
certain extent).
What do you mean by "oversaturated", please? In otherr words, how can
you judge? Is it "too red"? Could you please explain.
I'm also aware that different monitors may show variances.
Thanks,
Marcel

Oversaturated = too much colour

Imagine a coloured cloth which has been exposed to the sun and looks
washed-out. Insufficient colour (compared to the original). Too little
saturation. Now imagine the opposite. Over-saturated. If you have
access to a TV with a "colour" (color) control, varying the control varies
the amount of saturation. It's not a colour shift (which might be shown
by a "tint" control).

I hope that helps.

Thanks David!
Would this be better then?
http://celestart.com/images/publiques/flower.jpg
I guess what you're saying is saturation=exxageration of the colour, ie. too
muche as compared to the original?
Marcel

Old March 1st 08, 01:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Chris Savage

On 2008-03-01, Pete D wrote:
All the artistic types can do what they like with it and not tell me off
because they did not like the way I cropped it.

Enjoy and post your results soon.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2180/...19345233_o.jpg

Try posting it in www.flickr.com/groups/pimpmypixels/ you're bound to
get better response there than trying to extract reasonable behaviour
here.

--
Chris Savage Kiss me. Or would you rather live in a
Gateshead, UK land where the soap won't lather?
Old March 1st 08, 01:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David J Taylor[_5_]

Celcius wrote:
[]
Thanks David!
Would this be better then?
http://celestart.com/images/publiques/flower.jpg
I guess what you're saying is saturation=exxageration of the colour,
ie. too muche as compared to the original?
Marcel

Yes, exactly.

You would need to compare the original with the light coming from the
display, or the light reflected by a print, to say which was more
accurate! Your image is lighter - reducing saturation should not affect
the brightness of the picture.

Cheers,
David