No new semiprofessional Nikon DSLR for now?

Old March 16th 07, 06:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
MAL

Default No new semiprofessional Nikon DSLR for now?

The PMA did not show a new Nikon D200s or D300 or something like that. I am
going to buy a D200 in near future, but just wanted to ask, if anybody has
heard anything about something new in this area?

MAL

Old March 16th 07, 08:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Pete D

No, but you can guarantee there will be something new withing six months if
you buy now, Murphy's Law. Basicly though, the sooner you buy the longer it
will be till you replace it anyway so just do it.

k...

Old March 16th 07, 11:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alexander Arnakis

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 19:56:19 +0100, "MAL" mikaellaursen @ bpanet.dk
wrote:

The PMA did not show a new Nikon D200s or D300 or something like that. I am
going to buy a D200 in near future, but just wanted to ask, if anybody has
heard anything about something new in this area?

Only speculation. The rumors were flying before the PMA show about a
Nikon D3 with near-full-frame sensor. I guess it wasn't quite ready.
Look for it to be announced later this year.

The successor to the D200, I think, will come out *after* the D3. It,
too, will probably be full-frame. Maybe by the middle of 2008.

Old March 16th 07, 11:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
C J Campbell

On 2007-03-16 11:56:19 -0700, "MAL" mikaellaursen @ bpanet.dk said:

The PMA did not show a new Nikon D200s or D300 or something like that. I am
going to buy a D200 in near future, but just wanted to ask, if anybody has
heard anything about something new in this area?

MAL

Not for now. The day after you buy your D200, though, they will
introduce the D300x, a 22 megapixel full frame sensor semi-pro camera
that takes pictures at 25 shots per second, has live preview,
anti-dust, and a small nuclear device that vaporizes people who stand
in your way -- all for $499. It will come standard with a 10-400mm
f/2.8 lens. :-)
--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Old March 17th 07, 04:15 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul Furman

MAL wrote:
The PMA did not show a new Nikon D200s or D300 or something like that. I am
going to buy a D200 in near future, but just wanted to ask, if anybody has
heard anything about something new in this area?

Nah, I got my D200 when it first came out & was somewhat upset when the
D80 came out... then the D40 version with the same sensor! But Nikon is
generally a slow mover & the D200 is a fine tool built to last. Look at
how long Canon's 20D held a similar place and the D200 has a lot to
offer above that (not everything, calm down Canon folks). The D40/D80
have been spot on target for the consumer end and I'm pretty sure their
next offering will be a pro level model we can't afford.
Old March 17th 07, 04:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Pete D

"Paul Furman" wrote in message
t...
MAL wrote:
The PMA did not show a new Nikon D200s or D300 or something like that. I
am going to buy a D200 in near future, but just wanted to ask, if anybody
has heard anything about something new in this area?

Nah, I got my D200 when it first came out & was somewhat upset when the
D80 came out... then the D40 version with the same sensor! But Nikon is
generally a slow mover & the D200 is a fine tool built to last. Look at
how long Canon's 20D held a similar place and the D200 has a lot to offer
above that (not everything, calm down Canon folks). The D40/D80 have been
spot on target for the consumer end and I'm pretty sure their next
offering will be a pro level model we can't afford.

Yes but they did do a bit of a touch up on the D2X and upped it to D2Xs so I
don't think it to far off the planet to think that the D200 could be in for
a little bit of a massage, it is what they do.

Old March 17th 07, 05:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul Furman

Pete D wrote:

Paul Furman wrote

MAL wrote:

[...]

Well I was surprised when the 5D came out so who knows.
Old March 17th 07, 05:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Pete D

"Paul Furman" wrote in message
t...
Pete D wrote:

Paul Furman wrote

MAL wrote:

[...]

Mind you Nikon did not have a lot of input with the 5D.

Old March 17th 07, 09:15 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Avery

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 16:57:07 -0700, C J Campbell

On 2007-03-16 11:56:19 -0700, "MAL" mikaellaursen @ bpanet.dk said:

The PMA did not show a new Nikon D200s or D300 or something like that. I am
going to buy a D200 in near future, but just wanted to ask, if anybody has
heard anything about something new in this area?

MAL

Not for now. The day after you buy your D200, though, they will
introduce the D300x, a 22 megapixel full frame sensor semi-pro camera
that takes pictures at 25 shots per second, has live preview,
anti-dust, and a small nuclear device that vaporizes people who stand
in your way -- all for $499. It will come standard with a 10-400mm
f/2.8 lens. :-)

Yeah!, but it will be made of plastic so RichA will keep on whining.
Old March 17th 07, 11:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Spam THis

wrote:

The PMA did not show a new Nikon D200s or D300 or something like that. I am
going to buy a D200 in near future, but just wanted to ask, if anybody has
heard anything about something new in this area?

Only speculation. The rumors were flying before the PMA show about a
Nikon D3 with near-full-frame sensor. I guess it wasn't quite ready.
Look for it to be announced later this year.

The successor to the D200, I think, will come out *after* the D3. It,
too, will probably be full-frame. Maybe by the middle of 2008.

Nikon's mount and mirror won't allow a 24x36mm 35mm film sized sensor.
Damn those Nikon engineers who didn't look 50 years into the future.

The full-frame Canons aren't exactly flying off the shelves, the most
popular dSLR in the market is the Rebel XT/XTi, second is the Nikon D50.