UPDATE: "Problem with Canon Pixma ip4000 printer"

Old April 21st 06, 01:09 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital,sci.electronics.repair

Default UPDATE: "Problem with Canon Pixma ip4000 printer"

I received a brand-new (refurbished? not sure) ip4000 Pixma tonight
from Canon, even though my defective one was two weeks past warranty.
And yes, it came with a new print head and new ink. So, thanks to this
excellent customer service, my opinion on Canon has done a 180:
(reversing my earlier, knee-jerk vow) I will definitely continue buying
Canon products.

Shnaggletooth

Old April 21st 06, 02:29 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital,sci.electronics.repair

Yes, I have to admit -- it was your suggestion to give Canon tech
support a call. Thanks.

Shnaggletooth

Old April 21st 06, 03:44 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

Yes, I have to admit -- it was your suggestion to give Canon tech
support a call. Thanks.

Shnaggletooth

WELL, I AM GLAD TO HEAR SOMEBODY IS TAKING MY ADVICE. IT JUST MUST KILL
A FEW OF THE KNOW IT ALL POSTERS IN THIS NG. :-P
Old April 21st 06, 05:16 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital,sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
In rec.photo.digital Tony wrote:
wrote:
I received a brand-new (refurbished? not sure) ip4000 Pixma tonight
from Canon, even though my defective one was two weeks past warranty.
And yes, it came with a new print head and new ink. So, thanks to this
excellent customer service, my opinion on Canon has done a 180:
(reversing my earlier, knee-jerk vow) I will definitely continue buying
Canon products.

Shnaggletooth

What a difference good customer service makes. And you have given that
message to all that read this newsgroup. First rate.

Maybe some manufactors lurk this group
Anyway another way arround is to call support first with a fake request.
Just
to test if they are for real. And then do the sales.
(Funny thing, sales almost always is the most rapid to respond to
communication :-)

You've discovered my favorite "trick" - if the customer service or tech
support number is continuously busy, call the sales number. That one always
picks up quickly. Ask them to connect you with customer service. Most of
the time it has worked for me.

Old April 21st 06, 05:47 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital,sci.electronics.repair

Measekite said: Snipped per request

Not at all, most people who are able have you killfiled. However this
know it all thinks it's just fine. You must have lots of experence
with technical support to be aware they tend to extend their warranty,
where as I only spoke to them twice. I gladly bow to your experence in
this matter. Out of 450 messages/month one was helpful, you do get a
gold star.

Old April 21st 06, 05:52 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital,sci.electronics.repair

zakezuke wrote:

Measekite said: Snipped per request

Not at all, most people who are able have you killfiled. However this
know it all thinks it's just fine. You must have lots of experence
with technical support to be aware they tend to extend their warranty,
where as I only spoke to them twice. I gladly bow to your experence in
this matter. Out of 450 messages/month one was helpful, you do get a
gold star.

Oh please...don't make me laugh! Even a blind squirrel occasionally
finds an acorn.
Frank
Old April 21st 06, 05:54 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital,sci.electronics.repair

I received a brand-new (refurbished? not sure) ip4000 Pixma tonight
from Canon, even though my defective one was two weeks past warranty.
And yes, it came with a new print head and new ink. So, thanks to this
excellent customer service, my opinion on Canon has done a 180:
(reversing my earlier, knee-jerk vow) I will definitely continue buying
Canon products

Cool beans... though technicaly we never ruled out your enviroment or
user as the cause of the issue. Well user is not likely unless you
were printing on cats or some such, more likely is power surge...
something that is always suspect. Given your oddball issue it would be
wise to check your surge protector.. if it blinks it means it's not
working and should be replaced. Many are not spendy, which is good as
they are ment to be kamikaze devices.

Not saying it was the root cause, but it is a good printer, and worth a
few bucks to keep it protected in the unlikely event your MOV failed.