iPhone XS Max takes 4th spot in new DxOMark selfie camera ranking

Old January 23rd 19, 04:37 AM posted to comp.mobile.ipad,rec.photo.digital,alt.cellular
arlen holder

Default iPhone XS Max takes 4th spot in new DxOMark selfie camera ranking

iPhone XS Max takes 4th spot in new DxOMark selfie camera ranking
https://9to5mac.com/2019/01/22/dxo-iphone-selfie-camera-ranking/

Facts.

While fourth place is admirable for the astronomically priced iPhone, this
"selfie" camera test is a _new_ test for DxOMark, so we don't have a history
of where these expensive iPhone place compared to Android phones.

For _rear_ cameras, it's a well-known fact that even the best iPhones
generally rank historically only in the bottom of the top ten (at best)
when it comes to objective evaluation of the camera quality of results:
https://www.dxomark.com/category/mobile-reviews/

Hence, this distant #4 is an improvement - but - as with all things iPhone,
that distant fourth place in quality comes at an utterly astronomical price.

"DxO has initially tested the front facing cameras of 12 popular
smartphones. As for how the iPhone XS Max and X performed
in the DxO selfie camera ranking, let's say they have some room
for improvement."

"The XS Max selfie camera scored particularly low for texture
and noise on the photo side and color and texture for video."

Facts.
Old January 23rd 19, 07:43 PM posted to comp.mobile.ipad,rec.photo.digital,alt.cellular
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article ,
says...
https://www.dxomark.com/category/mobile-reviews/

Two Huawei phones are better than the iPhone?
--
Alfred Molon

Old January 23rd 19, 08:37 PM posted to comp.mobile.ipad,rec.photo.digital,alt.cellular
nospam

In article , Lewis
wrote:

https://www.dxomark.com/category/mobile-reviews/

Two Huawei phones are better than the iPhone?

No, dxomark is garbage.

it definitely is and attributing a single score is meaningless anyway.
Old January 23rd 19, 09:48 PM posted to comp.mobile.ipad,rec.photo.digital,alt.cellular
arlen holder

On Wed, 23 Jan 2019 14:37:40 -0500, nospam wrote:

No, dxomark is garbage.

it definitely is and attributing a single score is meaningless anyway.

Hi nospam,
Every time you and Lewis post, you prove you're idiots.
The "Alfred Molon" guy I don't know - but he proved to be an idiot too.

None of you comprehend even the _simplest_ of facts.
It's shocking, actually, that people like you even _exist_.

The Dunning-Kruger bank robber proved people with your minds exist.
What an _adult_ would say is that:
1. The iPhone appears to be in 2nd place overall; but 4th on selfie cams.
(That Alfred Molon didn't _comprehend_ that merely indicates the problem.)

2. The DXOMark scores are _not_ single scores, much as you, nospam, would
_love_ to spin that tall tale. They provide the testing criteria and the
scores in _each_ test.

For example:
"DxO has initially tested the front facing cameras of 12 popular
smartphones. As for how the iPhone XS Max and X performed
in the DxO selfie camera ranking, let's say they have some room
for improvement."

"The XS Max selfie camera scored particularly low for texture
and noise on the photo side and color and texture for video."

3. That you, nospam, and Lewis deprecate DXOMark is classic.
o *You dispute _all_ facts you don't like.*
o *Facts have no place to fit in your imaginary belief system.*

Meanwhile, you're welcome to be ignorant about DXOMark detailed line-item
tests, and you're even welcome to claim that DXOMark is garbage,
but, what you are not welcome is to act like the child you act like.

Show us something _better_ for mobile phone camera testing, nospam.
What's that?

You have nothing better?
Oh, I see.

So, you agree then that it's the _best_ we have?
And, you agree, nospam, that the full detailed tests are available right?

The fact is that you Apologists _believe_ in an imaginary belief system.
To prove you wrong, Lews, nospam (and Molon) takes all of 10 seconds.

You're all _that_ incredibly stupid (sadly to say).
Old January 23rd 19, 10:24 PM posted to comp.mobile.ipad,rec.photo.digital,alt.cellular
nospam

In article , arlen holder
wrote:

You're all _that_ incredibly stupid (sadly to say).

then go someplace else, where you can find smart people.
Old January 23rd 19, 11:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

nospam wrote:
In article , arlen holder
wrote:

You're all _that_ incredibly stupid (sadly to say).

then go someplace else, where you can find smart people.

Who cares anyway?

This is just another blatant TROLL from "he who is not worthy of any sort
of response".

I don't usually shoot selfies, and I only use the camera in my iP8+ as a
camera of convenience when I don't have one of my other cameras readily
available.

....or if for some odd reason I just need some sort of quick shot to
document something or another.

As for DxO, there is nothing to be said, other than I gave up on them since
they have never been capable of dealing with X-Trans sensors, or Fujinon XF
lenses.

Savageduck
Old January 24th 19, 12:06 AM posted to comp.mobile.ipad,rec.photo.digital,alt.cellular
arlen holder

On Wed, 23 Jan 2019 16:24:47 -0500, nospam wrote:

You're all _that_ incredibly stupid (sadly to say).

then go someplace else, where you can find smart people.

Hi nospam,
While you, Lewis, Jolly Roger, BK, et al., all prove to be stupid,
you're not the only people on this newsgroup.

Smart people _do_ exist.
Yes. Even on iOS newsgroups.

Smart people do exist.

People like David Empson, sms, badgolferman, even J.F. Mezei & Andreas
Rutishauser are far smarter than you will ever be, nospam.

The reason is that they don't own imaginary belief systems.
You, nospam, like a child, own a completely imaginary belief system.

Your entire belief system is not underlain by facts.
It's underlain by Apple Marketing Propaganda.

It's easily proved your belief system is devoid of facts.
It generally takes fewer than ten seconds to prove you wrong, nospam.

And yet, you've _never_ proven my facts wrong.
Never.

That's because I _comprehend_ facts.
That's really the key difference between you and me nospam.

I comprehended what it means to be in 2nd place overall and in 4th place
for selfie cameras, even as others whooshed on such simple facts.

In reality, there are only about a score of fantastically stupid posters
here, and _all_ the canonicals are named already in this thread below:

o Who are the Apple Apologists on this ng?
o https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/mehGxIGcoa8/lNpOWm46BAAJ
*These are the key Apple Apologists*
- Alan Baker
- Tim Streater
- Alan Browne
- Jolly Roger
- BKatOnRamp
- Lewis
- Savageduck
- nospam
- Hemidactylus
- Your Name
etc.
Old January 24th 19, 12:24 AM posted to comp.mobile.ipad,rec.photo.digital,alt.cellular
nospam

In article , arlen holder
wrote:

Smart people _do_ exist.

then go find some.

that's the smart thing to do.

hanging out with stupid people is not.
Old January 24th 19, 02:15 AM posted to comp.mobile.ipad,rec.photo.digital,alt.cellular
arlen holder

On Wed, 23 Jan 2019 18:24:25 -0500, nospam wrote:

to troll.

It's a fact nospam.

Yes, I know ... you call all facts you don't like, trolls.

Yet, it's _still_ a fact.

Your imaginary belief system leaves no room for facts, nospam.
Hence, you call all facts you don't like, trolls.

Yet it's _still_ a fact.
Nothing I state isn't a fact.

You _hate_ facts, nospam.
You think I don't know that?

You hate any fact that is counter to your imaginary belief system.

The fact that the astronomically expensive iPhone has not the best camera
output is a fact, nospam.

In fact, nospam, it's in second place overall, for the rear camera.
And in fourth place overall for the front camera output quality.

Those are facts nospam.
You can't deny the facts so you play your silly little games nospam.

You play your silly little games because you absolutely _hate_ facts
that are counter to your wholly imaginary belief system, nospam.

And yet, they're _still_ facts.

The funny thing is I often prove you wrong in less than 10 seconds.
And yet, you can NEVER prove my facts wrong.

You know why, nospam?
I do.

It's because they're facts.
Facts are funny that way.
Old January 24th 19, 02:28 AM posted to comp.mobile.ipad,rec.photo.digital,alt.cellular
arlen holder

On Thu, 24 Jan 2019 01:15:08 -0000 (UTC), arlen holder wrote:

In fact, nospam, it's in second place overall, for the rear camera.
And in fourth place overall for the front camera output quality.

Ooops.

The astronomically expensive iPhone is in _third_ place overall
(on the rear camera overall quality of results).'

REFERENCE:
https://www.dxomark.com/category/mobile-reviews/

--
I post this correction to forestall your silly semantic games, nospam.