Pennsylvania funeral director pleads guilty to taking graphicphotos of bodies being prepared for burial

Old October 12th 18, 03:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

Default Pennsylvania funeral director pleads guilty to taking graphicphotos of bodies being prepared for burial

On 10/11/18 PDT 6:58 PM, RichA wrote:
People are so desperate for attention today, they'll do anything. I wish they'd all just get hit by trains trying to take selfies.

Trains don't take selfies! Darwin's laws still hold, but are slower due
to the nanny state we're moving towards.
Old October 13th 18, 09:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 10/11/2018 10:41 PM, John McWilliams wrote:
On 10/11/18Â*Â* PDT 6:58 PM, RichA wrote:
Â* People are so desperate for attention today, they'll do anything.Â* I
wish they'd all just get hit by trains trying to take selfies.

Trains don't take selfies! Darwin's laws still hold, but are slower due
to the nanny state we're moving towards.

Where do you draw a line? There are some who call regulating DWI a
nanny state. The problem is that innocents have a high probability of
being hurt by the impaired, or distracted driver. A biker may complain
about being forced to ride with a helmet: but when he gets hurt, you ad
I pay the cost of recovery.

--
PeterN
Old October 14th 18, 12:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

* People are so desperate for attention today, they'll do anything.* I
wish they'd all just get hit by trains trying to take selfies.

Trains don't take selfies! Darwin's laws still hold, but are slower due
to the nanny state we're moving towards.

Where do you draw a line?

when it affects others.

There are some who call regulating DWI a
nanny state. The problem is that innocents have a high probability of
being hurt by the impaired, or distracted driver. A biker may complain
about being forced to ride with a helmet: but when he gets hurt, you ad
I pay the cost of recovery.

a biker who doesn't wear a helmet only injures himself, and is
responsible for his own medical bills.

if you want to force people to wear helmets in the hopes that it will
reduce your insurance premiums, you would also need to require helmets
in all motor vehicles, require speed governors and 5-point harnesses,
forbid bicycles from sharing the same roads, ban alcohol (which was
tried), ban smoking, unhealthy food, sports and much more, because
you're indirectly paying for *all* of the problems resulting from them.

that's not a world that most people would want to live in.
Old October 15th 18, 01:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 10/13/2018 7:18 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

Â* People are so desperate for attention today, they'll do anything.Â* I
wish they'd all just get hit by trains trying to take selfies.

Trains don't take selfies! Darwin's laws still hold, but are slower due
to the nanny state we're moving towards.

Where do you draw a line?

when it affects others.

There are some who call regulating DWI a
nanny state. The problem is that innocents have a high probability of
being hurt by the impaired, or distracted driver. A biker may complain
about being forced to ride with a helmet: but when he gets hurt, you ad
I pay the cost of recovery.

a biker who doesn't wear a helmet only injures himself, and is
responsible for his own medical bills.

I see. he will be left on the road to die. If married, his wife won't
suffer, neither will his kids, if he has any.

--
PeterN
Old October 15th 18, 02:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

* People are so desperate for attention today, they'll do anything.* I
wish they'd all just get hit by trains trying to take selfies.

Trains don't take selfies! Darwin's laws still hold, but are slower due
to the nanny state we're moving towards.

Where do you draw a line?

when it affects others.

There are some who call regulating DWI a
nanny state. The problem is that innocents have a high probability of
being hurt by the impaired, or distracted driver. A biker may complain
about being forced to ride with a helmet: but when he gets hurt, you ad
I pay the cost of recovery.

a biker who doesn't wear a helmet only injures himself, and is
responsible for his own medical bills.

I see.

actually, you don't.

he will be left on the road to die.

your concern was paying for his recovery costs.

if he died, there wouldn't be any recovery costs for you to pay. it
would actually be less expensive for you than if he was severely
injured and in the hospital for weeks or months, perhaps longer.

If married, his wife won't
suffer, neither will his kids, if he has any.

his wife knew he rides without a helmet and married him anyway.

you're also ignoring the families of those who drink, smoke and eat
unhealthy diets, which is a much greater cost to society.

maybe ban mountain climbing too:
https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/14/asia/...-bodies-found-
south-korea-climbers/index.html

everything has a risk.
Old October 15th 18, 03:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

On 10/13/18 PDT 1:23 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 10/11/2018 10:41 PM, John McWilliams wrote:
On 10/11/18Â*Â* PDT 6:58 PM, RichA wrote:
Â* People are so desperate for attention today, they'll do anything.
I wish they'd all just get hit by trains trying to take selfies.

Trains don't take selfies! Darwin's laws still hold, but are slower
due to the nanny state we're moving towards.

Where do you draw a line?Â* There are some who call regulating DWI a
nanny state. The problem is that innocents have a high probability of
being hurt by the impaired, or distracted driver.

I am not among them. DWI is a very serious problem. So is texting while
driving.

The line I draw is, I hope, one based on reason. The FDA is severely
crimping smoking pipes, and that's a bad thing.

Old October 15th 18, 04:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

you would also need to require helmets
in all motor vehicles,

Why ?

to reduce injuries from *any* collision. why single out motorcycles?
more people are injured in motor vehicle collisions.

require speed governors and 5-point harnesses,
forbid bicycles from sharing the same roads, ban alcohol (which was
tried), ban smoking, unhealthy food, sports and much more, because
you're indirectly paying for *all* of the problems resulting from them.

that's not a world that most people would want to live in.

Yes it is because few people want to pay for anothers mistake.

everyone makes mistakes.
Old October 15th 18, 08:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 10/14/2018 10:26 PM, John McWilliams wrote:
On 10/13/18Â*Â* PDT 1:23 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 10/11/2018 10:41 PM, John McWilliams wrote:
On 10/11/18Â*Â* PDT 6:58 PM, RichA wrote:
Â* People are so desperate for attention today, they'll do anything.
I wish they'd all just get hit by trains trying to take selfies.

Trains don't take selfies! Darwin's laws still hold, but are slower
due to the nanny state we're moving towards.

Where do you draw a line?Â* There are some who call regulating DWI a
nanny state. The problem is that innocents have a high probability of
being hurt by the impaired, or distracted driver.

I am not among them. DWI is a very serious problem. So is texting while
driving.

The line I draw is, I hope, one based on reason. The FDA is severely
crimping smoking pipes, and that's a bad thing.

I agree that the line should be one of reason, not hypocrisy. I also
freely admit that i am not sure where reason ends, and carelessness,
stupidity begins. NYC requires that the operator of a building is
responsible fore sidewalk maintenance. One of my daughters tripped on a
sidewalk crack, ans wound up with a compound fracture in her leg. She
would not sue the owner of the building, because she correctly said that
she should have been looking where she was walking.

You hit a persona sore spot. I was doing some consulting for a firm
where one of the partners was a consistent cigar smoker. According to my
doctors, as a result of inhaling that smoke I developed COPD. That is
not a good thing. Since nobody forced me to consult there, the COPD was
as much my fault as his. But, not everybody has that option.

--
PeterN
Old October 16th 18, 04:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

you would also need to require helmets
in all motor vehicles,

Why ?

to reduce injuries from *any* collision. why single out motorcycles?

Because they are more open to accidents that will cause head injuries.

there are significantly fewer motorcyclists on the road. most
collisions are between vehicles or immobile objects (buildings, trees,
etc.), and usually involving multiple people.

more people are injured in motor vehicle collisions.

But helmets won't stop the majority of those types injuries, any more than a
helmet will stop kitchen injuries.

nobody said stop.

wearing helmets in vehicles, along with 5 point safety harnesses,
comprehensive driver training (not the bull**** that's called driver's
ed) and periodic competency testing, would significantly reduce the
number of injuries and fatalities.

except that will never happen.

autonomous vehicles will drastically reduce the number of crashes,
injuries and fatalities, but there will be those who fight that too.