Ligtroom revised

Old June 28th 07, 06:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
Wayne J. Cosshall

Default Ligtroom revised

Hi All,

Adobe has put out a 1.1 release of Lightroom:
http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=1036

Cheers,

Wayne

--
Wayne J. Cosshall
Publisher, Experimental Digital Photography
Old June 28th 07, 05:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
Aaron

And lo, Wayne J. Cosshall emerged from the ether
and spake thus:
Hi All,

Adobe has put out a 1.1 release of Lightroom:
http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=1036

Cheers,

Wayne

I can't even explain how happy I am that they have implemented the
ability to import photos from other catalogs. The library spray can is
a hot new tool, too.

http://www.singleservingphoto.com/20...-lightroom-11/

--
Aaron
http://www.fisheyegallery.com

Old June 28th 07, 08:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
Saguenay

"Wayne J. Cosshall" a écrit dans le message de news:
Hi All,

Adobe has put out a 1.1 release of Lightroom:
http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=1036

Cheers,

Wayne

--
Wayne J. Cosshall
Publisher, Experimental Digital Photography
http://www.experimentaldigitalphotography.com
Personal art site http://www.cosshall.com/

What do you guys think about the supposed newly recoded noise reduction
(according to dpreview only)?
Seems to me that the Colour noise is unchanged: works well at 25, then, no
more usefull between 25 and 100, no difference, so what?
Luminance : **seems** to me that it works better on the whole range than in
LightRoom 1.0, but **seems** to me that it has acquired the same drawback
that existed in RawShooter: sort of a "watercolor"-isation. Pretty ygly. I
think I'll continue tu use Noiseware instead.

Curious to read and learn about your opinions!
m.b.

Old June 29th 07, 02:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
John McWilliams

Saguenay wrote:

What do you guys think about the supposed newly recoded noise reduction
(according to dpreview only)?
Seems to me that the Colour noise is unchanged: works well at 25, then, no
more usefull between 25 and 100, no difference, so what?
Luminance : **seems** to me that it works better on the whole range than in
LightRoom 1.0, but **seems** to me that it has acquired the same drawback
that existed in RawShooter: sort of a "watercolor"-isation. Pretty ygly. I
think I'll continue tu use Noiseware instead.

Curious to read and learn about your opinions!

Pages and pages have been written on this. It's important to remember
that what you see on the screen isn't exactly what you'll get in print.

--
john mcwilliams
Old June 30th 07, 12:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
John McWilliams

Saguenay wrote:
"John McWilliams" a écrit dans le message de news:
Saguenay wrote:
What do you guys think about the supposed newly recoded noise reduction
(according to dpreview only)?
Seems to me that the Colour noise is unchanged: works well at 25, then,
no more usefull between 25 and 100, no difference, so what?
Luminance : **seems** to me that it works better on the whole range than
in LightRoom 1.0, but **seems** to me that it has acquired the same
drawback that existed in RawShooter: sort of a "watercolor"-isation.
Pretty ygly. I think I'll continue tu use Noiseware instead.

Curious to read and learn about your opinions!

Pages and pages have been written on this. It's important to remember that
what you see on the screen isn't exactly what you'll get in print.

Discussing about difference between what does v. 1.0 and v. 1.1 about noise
reduction.
I doubt that "pages and pages" have been written here about this 2 or 3 days
old v. 1.1

Didn't mean right here, and I see I should have been clearer. It's still
being actively debated, but some folks jump to conclusions that what
appears to be a problem at one level of viewing will necessarily
translate into a problem with the final print.

--
john mcwilliams