Anyone know of a time-lapse controller for an Olympus E300 & E5?

Old April 30th 14, 02:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Peter Jason

Default Anyone know of a time-lapse controller for an Olympus E300 & E5?

Not to be one of these, which I have tried twice.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...e_Control.html

Peter
Old April 30th 14, 03:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-04-30 01:58:59 +0000, Peter Jason said:

Not to be one of these, which I have tried twice.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...e_Control.html

Peter

Are

you looking for a remote, or an intervalometer?

You might find something suitable he

http://www.amazon.com/Opteka-LapsePr.../dp/B00BMUH6UO

....or here;
http://opteka.com/ITC50-O1.aspx

Savageduck

Old April 30th 14, 12:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil Ellwood

On 2014-04-30 01:58:59 +0000, Peter Jason said:

Not to be one of these, which I have tried twice.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/726221-REG/

hahnel_HL_COMBITF_O_Combi_TF_Remote_Control.html

http://www.amazon.com/Opteka-LapsePr...ol-Olympus/dp/

B00BMUH6UO

...or here;
http://opteka.com/ITC50-O1.aspx

You could also try a stopwatch in the right circumstances.

--
Neil
Reverse ‘a’ and ‘r’
Old April 30th 14, 09:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

On 2014.04.29, 21:58 , Peter Jason wrote:
Not to be one of these, which I have tried twice.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...e_Control.html

You could also look into TriggerTrap which is controlled by an iPhone or
Android. A lot of options, a bit of a learning curve for some of the
modes. I've used it for a few things - esp. triggering with sound.
Triggering with movement (detected by the iPhone camera/Triggertrap
thence tripping the camera shutter) has been a little hit and miss.
Well mostly miss. I haven't tested the latest version of the free app
in this regard recently.

Functions: time lapse, series, distance moved (to record while moving in
a vehicle, for example), sound trigger, bulb ramping, vibration or
motion sensor, facial recognition (sees a face, takes a photo), WiFi
triggering (not sure how that works haven't looked into it). Also does
press/hold/release (bulb), tap to open shutter/tap to close shutter.

Some of those work on the app in an iPhone or Android with the device
camera. Some require the trigger device and ext. camera attachment.
(about $50 or so). http://triggertrap.com/

Check their website for connectors - they don't show your camera models,
but select one that is close and then see if the connector looks right.

--
"Big data can reduce anything to a single number,
but you shouldn’t be fooled by the appearance of exactitude."

Old May 1st 14, 01:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Peter Jason

On Wed, 30 Apr 2014 11:58:59 +1000, Peter Jason
wrote:

Not to be one of these, which I have tried twice.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...e_Control.html

Peter

Thanks to all.

I'll check these out. The Hahnel product worked,
but broke down twice.. so out it goes. Also it
was very hard on the batteries.
Old May 1st 14, 09:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
J. Clarke[_2_]

In article ,
says...

wrote:

Not to be one of these, which I have tried twice.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...e_Control.html

Peter

Thanks to all.

I'll check these out. The Hahnel product worked,
but broke down twice.. so out it goes. Also it
was very hard on the batteries.

http://www.dx.com/p/0-9-lcd-wired-ti...utter-release-
for-olympus-e1-e3-e5-e10-e20-more-1xcr2032-73044#.U2G-YPldVuI

I've got the same model with the Canon connector (it looks and works
just like the Canon-brand unit) and it works a treat.