Can anyone recommend a good Wireless Remote Trigger for a Nikon D3?

Old November 5th 08, 03:33 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
Steve[_20_]

Default Can anyone recommend a good Wireless Remote Trigger for a Nikon D3?

Hi all,

I've been looking at purchasing a Nikon ML-3 Modulite Remote Control
Set for my D3, but it's a little pricey and I have read some mixed
reviews. Does anyone have any experience with this device that they
would be willing to offer an opinion or can anyone suggest a good
alternative?
Old November 5th 08, 10:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
Paul Heslop

Steve wrote:

Hi all,

I've been looking at purchasing a Nikon ML-3 Modulite Remote Control
Set for my D3, but it's a little pricey and I have read some mixed
reviews. Does anyone have any experience with this device that they
would be willing to offer an opinion or can anyone suggest a good
alternative?

if you don't get an answer here Steve pop your question into
rec.photo.digital
which is a much heavier populated group.

--
Paul (We won't die of devotion)
Stop and Look
Old November 5th 08, 10:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
David J Taylor[_7_]

Steve wrote:
Hi all,

I've been looking at purchasing a Nikon ML-3 Modulite Remote Control
Set for my D3, but it's a little pricey and I have read some mixed
reviews. Does anyone have any experience with this device that they
would be willing to offer an opinion or can anyone suggest a good
alternative?

Steve,

I did get an ML-3 free with my Nikon Coolpix 8400, but I've hardly ever
used it, so I can't really help. I did read that the sensor (on that
camera) is on the front of the camera (as it may be intended for self
portraits), whereas many users wanted to fire from behind the camera....

Cheers,
David