David Brooks can be an interesting person...

Old May 19th 17, 12:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default David Brooks can be an interesting person...

On Thu, 18 May 2017 11:45:35 -0000 (UTC), Diesel
wrote:

Eric Stevens
Wed, 17 May 2017
01:08:35 GMT in rec.photo.digital, wrote:

On Wed, 17 May 2017 00:28:09 -0000 (UTC), Diesel
wrote:

Eric Stevens
om Tue, 16 May 2017
22:32:14 GMT in rec.photo.digital, wrote:

On Tue, 16 May 2017 10:32:33 -0000 (UTC), Diesel
wrote:

David Brooks can certainly appear friendly enough, but...

http://bughunter.it-mate.co.uk/bdemail1.zip

ZIP file? I won't touch it. :-(

Not very tech savvy eh?

Quite the contrary.

Once you start a zip file running things happen so fast you have
no effective control over what it does.

A zip file running? It's not a self extracting .zip file. It has no
executable code (or attached scripts) with which to begin 'running'
It contains no executable programs, either. It contains a single
ascii text file...

You say that but I don't *know* that. Nor, despite your belated
claims, do I know what it contains. I don't know you and, again,
despite your claims do I know you are an expert in anything.

I am sufficiently cautious about what I feed my computer that among
other things I have HTML disabled for my email and run Malware Bytes
among other things. I am currently being bombarded via email with
opportunities to open all kinds of files from all sorts of strange
people so when someone I have never previously heard of invites me to
open a ZIP file without explanation I reject the opportunity.

With your claimed expertise and background you should know enough to
not be surprised when people turn down your invitation.

And read (for example)
https://www.opswat.com/blog/how-do-i...-other-malware

or http://tinyurl.com/lwyooxp

Did you read it?

Yes I did. What's more I understood it. Do you think it is appropriate
to subject the casual news group subscriber to this kind of nonsense
and risk. "Clean original file with malicious files found after
extracting".

Eric Stevens
Old May 19th 17, 01:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Diesel

Whisky-dave
Thu, 18
May 2017 14:13:39 GMT in rec.photo.digital, wrote:

On Thursday, 18 May 2017 12:49:01 UTC+1, Diesel wrote:
Whisky-dave
Wed,
17 May 2017 09:02:50 GMT in rec.photo.digital, wrote:

Now lets get back to comparing cat pictures :-)

Just be sure your exif data has been stripped before doing so.
And, you don't share any other possible ways of identifying
yourself to David Brooks. He is a confirmed stalker. you don't
need to take my word for it, you can google about it.

you mean the new york Cultural commentator ?

Nope.

I mean this guy:

From: "David B."
I've had the misfortune of knowing him for approx 10 years or so now.

The last person that really annoyed me ended up in the cutter with
a dozen stiches in the back of his head and I ddn't raise a finger
just an eyebrow was enough.

Interesting...

Old May 22nd 17, 02:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Diesel

Eric Stevens
Thu, 18 May 2017
23:09:44 GMT in rec.photo.digital, wrote:

I am sufficiently cautious about what I feed my computer that
among other things I have HTML disabled for my email and run
Malware Bytes among other things.

I'm very familiar with Malwarebytes...I don't run the software,
myself, though. If they ever get the problems worked out in v3x
series, I may resume recommending it to clients I provide technical
support for, but, until then...They should remain with Super
AntiSpyware as a more than suitable replacement.

I'm cautious when it comes to feeding the computers here, as well.
I'm also a bit on the anal side concerning local and offsite backups
of files and system images. Without using the so called cloud. My
files and images are mine.

With your claimed expertise and background you should know enough
to not be surprised when people turn down your invitation.

I can backup those claims...But, that doesn't matter. I understand
your POV and I respect it. I'll leave you be. After all, at the end
of the day, your computers are your computers, AND, you aren't a
client I have to concern myself with. So...

Yes I did. What's more I understood it. Do you think it is
appropriate to subject the casual news group subscriber to this
kind of nonsense and risk. "Clean original file with malicious
files found after extracting".

It contains a single file. And, it's not malicious. As I said though,
I'll leave you be.

Old May 22nd 17, 02:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Diesel

Whisky-dave
Fri, 19
May 2017 09:11:12 GMT in rec.photo.digital, wrote:

Well sometimes even married couples fall out. I don't like taking
sides until it affects me.

Well, hopefully you never demonstrate that you have any useful skills
that he feels you should use for his benefit. As long as that holds
true, you're of no value to him, so you shouldn't (but you still
possibly could become if you give him a 'hinky feeling' about you) a
future victim of his stalking efforts.

You may be able to avoid giving him a 'hinky feeling' about you by
freely and honestly to the best of your knowledge and ability
answering any question he may pose to you about yourself, your loved
ones, where you work, and where you live. He may also ask the same
questions about those you mention to him as part of his QA sessions.
Be sure and tell him what he wants to know for his dossier.

Otherwise, you risk the 'hinky feeling' and that may give him the
impression that you're a 'bad guy' and this could result in his
stalking you or your loved ones, later on.

If you should screw up in the future and cause him to have a 'hinky
feeling' about you, and stalking soon occurs there after, don't
worry, I won't remind you that I told you so. I may laugh a bit to
myself, but, I won't mention the warning you got about it from me
beforehand. Wouldn't want to rub salt in your wound.

Good luck and may the force and farce be with you!

Old May 24th 17, 02:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Diesel

Whisky-dave
Mon, 22
May 2017 10:07:39 GMT in rec.photo.digital, wrote:

yuo could also be talkikng about yourself.

Not quite.

You trust HTTPS right?

Check David out for yourself, then.