Old September 26th 08, 05:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
James Silverton

Default Infrared photography

"Dave Platt" wrote in message

In article .net,
DaveC wrote:

Seems straightforward (notice the absence of the term "simple").

Can you give a URL for such a piece?

The proper thickness of the replacement glass should be...? Should
it be the same thickness as the filter removed from the imager?

Edmund Optics (the "pro" side of Edmund Scientific) was a recommended
source for this sort of optical glass, in one article I read on a P&S
IR conversion. http://www.edmundoptics.com/

Yes, you want a piece that is as thick as the "hot mirror" filter that
you are removing from the camera's existing optical path.

I haven't got the nerve (or ability, probably) to perform surgery on a
camera but how expensive a camera do you need for IR photography? I have
been impressed by the artistic quality of many IR photographs but not
their sharpness and those were taken with conventional film cameras.

--
James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland