Old May 19th 17, 12:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Monitor settings

On Thu, 18 May 2017 22:39:47 +0100, sid wrote:

Eric Stevens wrote:

On Wed, 17 May 2017 12:00:26 +0100, sid wrote:

nospam (and any one else) cannot see color differences when they only
see the end result. They have to have a starting point in order to
determine a color *difference* in the end result.

You're only helping to prove my point here. What should one do, make sure
sure there is a colour chart included in all images so you can satisfy
yourself that the colours are accurate?

What one should do is use a color managed work flow with both the
author and the viewer using calibrated screens. That way the viewer
will see on their viewer the same colors as the author saw on their
viewer (subject only to measurement error).

Well that is never going to happen. A whole heap of different devices are
used to view photos and most of them look fine straight out of the box,
perhaps a little bright and over saturated, but nevertheless completely
acceptable to the majority of users. Good luck getting them all to calibrate
their viewing devices so you know you photos are "just so."

As things stand, while your image is acceptable to me,

There's that point your making for me again.

I have no way
of knowing whether or not what I see is what you see or what you
intended me to see.

But nevertheless perfectly acceptable.

If you are not using a color managed work flow it
is almost certain that what I see is different from what you see. The
differences could be significant.

But 99 times out of a hundred completely insignificant.

It depends how fussy you are.

Eric Stevens