Old September 30th 09, 04:05 AM posted to rec.photo.marketplace.darkroom,rec.photo.darkroom
Thor Lancelot Simon

Default Help! Broke my rolleimatic enlarger's red slide

In article ,
darkroommike wrote:
On Sep 27, 8:39*pm, laran wrote:
Hello,

broke the red plastic, cam-shaped red slide for my rolleimatic enlarger.
* *Can't remember what it is called but it allows me to focus without
exposing my image. * I anticipate that finding a replacement will be
extremely difficult so I would like to cut out a new one.

Question: is the red slide just lexan? acrylic? *What would be suitable
to use for an enlarger? *And if possible, sources? *In canada???

Some multigrade or polycontrast under the lens kits also have a red
filter, or you could use a dark red camera filter sized to fit your
enlarger lens or a 3x3 dark red filter in the filter drawer of your
enlarger. When I say dark red I mean a Wratten 29 or at least a 25.
Will NOT work for color (or panchromatic BW papers) and I would run a
fog test on all variable contrast papers.

A Wratten 29 should work, but a piece of Rubylith will be cheaper. They
do still make Rubylith, I'd hope -- but I have to admit I can't see why...

--
Thor Lancelot Simon
"Even experienced UNIX users occasionally enter rm *.* at the UNIX