Old June 9th 12, 01:15 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
PeterN

Default [SI] Doors - always open

On 6/6/2012 6:47 AM, watchmaker wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:

Some latecomers.

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/doors

I'm late with my thoughts on some of the submissions:

Dan Petre 2 - A beautiful door & octagonal transom, made into a
hilarious photo with the ADT alarm box echoing the transom window. The
textures and warmth of the stone and wood are very good.

Peter Newman Essential Door - A mundane view made interesting by the
curved metallic ref second glance the iOnlections. Cropping gives excellent proportions.

The reflections are what intrigued me.

Peter Newman Garden Door - A picture within a picture, the two hedges
are the strongest elements, the eye is led to them by the water lilies.
I'm not sure if the herringbone-paved road/walkway wants to take up a
little less of the vertical sequence.

Thanks for your comments.
I agree the garden could be less sparse.

--
Peter