Old June 28th 04, 02:23 PM
Phil Wheeler

Default Canon Digital EOS Rebel Pros and Cons

Chris Brown wrote:

In article ,
David J. Littleboy wrote:

"David Kilpatrick" wrote:

Apart from the functional differences and build, the viewfinder is the
main difference. Like the Nikon D70, the 300D uses a mirror box instead
of a glass prism, to cut down on weight and cost. The 10D uses a real
prism, and the result is much crisper, more contrasty viewfinder image.

This is a tale you hear a lot. If you actually try the
cameras in a store, you _may_ find it to be quite wrong.

Quite so. I have a 10D, my wife has a 300D. I'm hard pressed to see any
difference in the viewfinder with the same lens mounted.

My experiences, too.

Phil