Old April 27th 05, 03:30 AM
james

mike regish wrote:

My head's always on a swivel. My camera's already out the window and
basically aimed when I go to snap the shot. My eyes aren't off the airspace
for more than 2 or 3 seconds at a time-far less than most pilots spend
gazing at their GPSs.

Don't sweat this Mike. People who know nothing about a skill, will
criticize it and not realize their folly.

I would worry about the pilot who did *not* feel comfortable with
performing this kind of task. But then, my insight comes from an
understanding of perceptual learning (specifically, the tool as an
extension of your body and mind), so I just see the camera operation as
another aspect of the tool, which is the gestalt of the aircraft (tool)
and the perceptual acto of operating it.