Old June 22nd 16, 04:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Misleading bloggers and the use of "free".

In article , PAS wrote:

some features do cost extra, such as virtual fax, because it captures
the fax and sends it to you via email, or you can email your fax to
them (as an attachment) and it will be sent to the specified number.

you can always use your own fax machine for no additional cost (other
than per minute fees, if any).

How well does using a fax machine work with this service, I wonder.

probably quite well, because the virtual fax service doesn't actually
use voip. it's a fax via the ptsn, converting to/fro email attachments.
there are websites that offer similar functionality.

Faxing over a "Regular" VOIP line is not reliable. I've been able to
send some faxes but I cannot receive any. It was the same with my two
prior VOIP services, even worse in one case where I couldn't even send a
fax.

i've been faxing over voip for years and never had any major problems,
even without t.38 support.

about the only problems are the usual fax machine negotiation problems
that happen on non-voip lines too. after all, it's just a modem.