Old July 15th 18, 12:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default PS CC for iPad?

On Jul 15, 2018, David Taylor wrote
(in article ):

On 14/07/2018 17:52, Savageduck wrote:
[]
We will only be able to make a true comparison once the proposed version of
PS for the iPad is released. I have both for my Mac, and iPad Pro, and as
capable as Affinity Photo is, on my Mac my preference remains for my LR+PS
workflow.

Affinity Photo (AP) on my iPad Pro, is a better editing/adjusting app than
the combined trio of PS Fix, PS Mix, and PS Express. AP does not have the
asset management, editing, and desktop/laptop syncing capability of LR CC. I
think this PS was an obvious development for Adobe.

If I had to make a choice for a non-Adobe iPad photo editing app it would be
Affinity Photo, or Pixelmator. For an iPad/macOS combo Pixelmator does a
very good job of syncing between iPad and desktop via iCloud. However, my choice
for non-Adobe stuff for my desktop would be Alien Skin Exposure X3, Luminar,
On1 Photo Raw, Pixelmator then AP.

Yes, if you are already committed to the Adobe product range I can see
the benefits. I'm not, and the idea of yet another regular cash outflow
is not attractive! I'm pleased to hear that Affinity Photo is working well.

The important thing to understand is, if this version of *PS for iPad* is
managed in the same way as LR CC it will be a *free* app. The only additional
cash flow would come, as it does for LR CC, if the user wants the full sync
capability, and does not have a Creative Cloud account. For those who are
already either full CC, Photography Plan CC(LR CCC/PS CC), or LR CC only
subscribers there will be no additional regular cash flow.

There are going to be many folks who just install *PS for iPad* and use it as
a free app, as they probably do with the free PS Fix, PS, Mix, and PS
Express, but by not having a CC subscription they lose all the syncing
function which is the major benefit of the Adobe mobile apps. Those other
free Adobe mobile apps all function better with CC storage to facilitate
syncing and interaction between mobile and desktop/laptop apps.

As a subscriber to the $9.99/month Photography Plan, I get LR CCC, LR CC, PS
CC, and 20GB of CC storage. I chose to pay an additional $5/month to increase
my CC storage to 1TB.

I don’t pay any extra for LR CC, and I don’t expect to pay any extra for
the new *PS for iPad*.

Savageduck