Old July 15th 18, 11:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default PS CC for iPad?

In article , David Taylor
wrote:

We will only be able to make a true comparison once the proposed version of
PS for the iPad is released. I have both for my Mac, and iPad Pro, and as
capable as Affinity Photo is, on my Mac my preference remains for my LR+PS
workflow.

Affinity Photo (AP) on my iPad Pro, is a better editing/adjusting app than
the combined trio of PS Fix, PS Mix, and PS Express. AP does not have the
asset management, editing, and desktop/laptop syncing capability of LR CC. I
think this PS was an obvious development for Adobe.

If I had to make a choice for a non-Adobe iPad photo editing app it would be
Affinity Photo, or Pixelmator. For an iPad/macOS combo Pixelmator does a
very
good job of syncing between iPad and desktop via iCloud. However, my choice
for non-Adobe stuff for my desktop would be Alien Skin Exposure X3, Luminar,
On1 Photo Raw, Pixelmator then AP.

Yes, if you are already committed to the Adobe product range I can see
the benefits. I'm not, and the idea of yet another regular cash outflow
is not attractive! I'm pleased to hear that Affinity Photo is working well.

quality software costs money, and affinity is not free either.