Old May 23rd 07, 05:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.misc
Wayne

Default Buying digital cameras - basic vs high end camera

In article .com,
says...

I have to take issue with this, the advantage of a higher end DSLR is
not mainly about features but performance, works in lower light,
faster auto-focus, faster shot to shot time, better looking photos
etc. In fact it seems to be the small point and shoot cameras that
are loaded with features.

Semantics... performance features are features, which we may choose to
purchase. Features may just be buttons or menus to you, but I'd define
features as the prominent characteristics of the camera, particularly the
differences to other cameras. Size and weight and color are features.

The principle feature of a DSLR is the TTL viewing with interchangeable
lenses. Which is quite important to me, but the vast majority dont know,
dont care, and the principle feature they want is the tinest possible camera.