Old December 30th 05, 06:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Panasonic DMC-FZ30

Maybe true. But, then who wants to carry all of the lenes around and worry
about dirt and dust getting on the sensor when you change them. Not to
mention all of the wasted time switching lenses because you will never have
the one you need on the camera at the time you want to take a picture.

I went from the Canon 20D to the Panasonic FZ20. It was the best move I ever
made. I hated the 20D not only for the reasons laid out above but because
Canon sucks at support.

I very much enjoy taking pictures with the Panasonic cameras. The Canon on
the other hand I hated, it was too heavy and too much trouble as well. I
never had it with me when I needed to take a picture so I didn't take
pictures. The Panasonics go with me every where.

The Panasonics have great lenses, great zoom level and you can do much
better then Leica.

"Paul Allen" "paul dot l dot allen at comcast dot net" wrote in message
Sandy Bloom, Ph.D. wrote:
I'd appreciate hearing what you folks think of this camera. I have read
many good reviews along with some very critical ones about image quality
and
noise. I was considering a DSLR, but the price and features of this
camera
have caused me to rethink my plan.

You'll get better image quality with a DSLR: more dynamic range and much
better low-light performance. But, you give up some things like pre-
exposure histogram and being able to frame using that big LCD.
Some suggested that the quality control of this camera's production may
be
quite variable.

Random Usenet posters, or serious reviewers? Do you have any links?

With your help. my brother-in-law bought the Z5, and he is
very happy with it.

The few reports I've seen from owners have been positive. Serious
photographers are not buying this camera, so we're hearing from people
who can tolerate its limitations. It's a trade-off.

Paul Allen