Old December 30th 05, 05:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Panasonic DMC-FZ30

Sandy Bloom, Ph.D. wrote:
I'd appreciate hearing what you folks think of this camera. I have read
many good reviews along with some very critical ones about image quality and
noise. I was considering a DSLR, but the price and features of this camera
have caused me to rethink my plan.

You'll get better image quality with a DSLR: more dynamic range and much
better low-light performance. But, you give up some things like pre-
exposure histogram and being able to frame using that big LCD.
Some suggested that the quality control of this camera's production may be
quite variable.

Random Usenet posters, or serious reviewers? Do you have any links?

With your help. my brother-in-law bought the Z5, and he is
very happy with it.

The few reports I've seen from owners have been positive. Serious
photographers are not buying this camera, so we're hearing from people
who can tolerate its limitations. It's a trade-off.

Paul Allen