Old April 11th 05, 10:24 PM
Anne Geeraets

For some more information about the CanonA75 look also in the reactions at
"How many pixels"

"Cathy" schreef in bericht
"The PhAnToM" wrote in message
oups.com...

Cathy wrote:
Hi all,
I've been looking for the last few months for a digital camera in

stores
and read tons and tons of reviews, and now am confused as to what I
should get.

A guy at work just bought an Olympus C-755 for $250 at Fry's (or maybe
he got it through Outpost.com). 4Mp, 10x optical zoom, the flash works
fine, and has the capability of taking an aftermarket flash unit,
red-eye reduction mode, many preset modes (outdoor, portrait, low
light, action, etc.), "manual" mode for adjusting shutter speed,
aperture, ISO... delay timer (useful for including one's self in the
picture if no one else is around), movie mode, noise reduction, and
more. It is my first digital cam and I like it a lot. a bit bulky
because of the 10x optical zoom lens, and it take 4 batteries, which
you said you didn't like. However, you can get a set of NiMH batteries
with charger for like $10 at Wal-Mart (here in California), so I

always
keep a spare set handy. That price is a steal, IMO. If you want
something that fits into your pocket, however, this one is not the way
to go. And it only takes xD flash, which is expensive.

I'm in Toronto, Canada and have never seen Olympus C-755 advertised
here. We don't get all the models you get in the US and many digital
cameras here, cost more than in the US, especially when they are newly
out. You have more competition so brings the prices down. You also have
more variety. But cameras can quite often be found here on sale at good
prices. You just have to keep looking. I might see the Olympus model you
mention, especially if its new. I didn't want 4 batteries if possible,
but I don't rule it out completely. The Canon A75 sells here for a good
price so I am considering it. Thanks.

Cathy