Old December 2nd 07, 05:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr,rec.photo.misc
Mr. Strat

Default DSLR vs P&S a replay of Film vs Digital?

In article , Wilba
wrote:

Now I understand better from another of your posts that you are talking
about your own ability, style, and requirements, rather than making any
global claims that histograms, etc. are useless or superfluous for everyone.
You have tried them as intended for sufficiently long to judge that they
don't help you, right? :-)

I've looked at them and not found them to be particularly useful. We
didn't have them in film days and I rarely had to have custom prints
made. As I said before, digital is just another kind of film with its
own quirks, requirements, etc.