Old November 26th 07, 10:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
David J Taylor[_4_]

Default sd memory cards

stillsexc44 via PhotoKB.com wrote:
David, I have a kodak Z1275 that has 12.0mp and 5x zoom it does have
video on it, and I guess that's what you were referring to about
speed needs. I went to walmart today and brought a 2gb sd card from
kodak for 12.88 not bad huh. but it's not the high speed I guess I
would need the high speed if I wanted to take video with my camera.

As Ray says, try it and see. Personally, I would not buy a card today
without at least knowing its speed rating, and preferably one rated at at
least 66X (10MB/s), as the extra cost for high-speed cards is very little,
and the performance penalty when downloading to your PC can be quite high.
SanDisk Ultra II would be my minimum choice.

Cheers,
David