Old March 9th 05, 05:29 AM
Stacey

David J. Littleboy wrote:

And how many casual users manage to keep their negatives?

Most will. They have to -actively- throw away the negatives, with digital
they have to actively store them. Most people will take the easy route with
either format.

The best you get
is a shoebox full of fading drugstore prints.

Most people I know keep them in the little folder they come in and that has
the negatives along with them. I know when going through my parents old
stuff I found a box full of negatives and the prints were longs gone. These
where shot in the 1920's and still print nice.

I'm shooting some digital now and trying to be active about storage, I doubt
many casual users are. Most seem to have a hard time even downloading them
onto a computer much less archival storing them. They just take the CF card
to walmart, have prints made and erase the card.
--

Stacey