Old February 23rd 05, 07:28 AM
Scott W

Mark=B2 lowest even number here wrote:
"Scott W" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have never heard of it happening. I Have had my F828 in some

pretty
nasty salt spray and no problems, yet.

Scott

Salt spray has little to no relation to dust.
Dust remains air-borne, and can become air-borne again after settling

on
components...while salt-spray is so large and sticky that it won't

coninue to float around
your camera's internals long enough to make it around all those

corners on it's way to the
sensor.

As the water part of the spray evaporates you are left with small air
born salt cystals, these bloody things travel for miles, I have rust to
prove it. They may well be too small to be notice on a sensor, in
small numbers at least.

Scott

Scott