Old April 15th 21, 07:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Martin Brown[_2_]

Default printing custom signs

On 15/04/2021 15:07, Neil wrote:
Wow. That's a complicated way to accomplish your goal.

If you have an easier simpler cheaper way to make custom yard signs on
demand that's why I'm asking for advice from the experts here. ;-)

These signs are discarded election signs.
Most are made of corregated white plastic (about 1/4 inch or 1/8th thick).
Some have writing on one side but many are blank on both sides.
They're of variable sizes of a few feet by a few feet in size.
The area is wet and windy so tape & paper wouldn't hold up well.

If you have a simpler idea than printing stencils then that's what I want to
know from you experts.

The advantage of vector graphics is that the size of the file is
unrelated to the size of the sign.

I don't care what text editor I use as long as it accepts the sign fonts.

The only limitation after that is the printing process.

It's not the "only" limitation so much as the main problem I'm asking for
help in solving from you experts.

Many office supply stores offer large format printing
from files at reasonable prices, so you could have the sign printed in
one step, and include whatever design you'd like.

I do appreciate your help but the fact I'm asking here shows that if I was
going to use a professional printer I wouldn't need to ask you for advice.

I already have a solution in the works.
I was hoping you experts could improve upon it.

There are inexpensive vector graphics programs, and even free apps like
Libra/Open/Polaris Office include vector graphics in their suite. If
going that route, print to PDF and take it to be printed.

It's only text and I already have GIMP and PhotoShop and Illustrator and
Inkscape and Apache OpenOffice Draw and CorelDRAW and Dia and SK1 and a
bunch of others that I don't remember offhand on Windows 10.

I'll use any editor for the text as long as it accepts the road fonts.

Martin Brown