Old January 12th 21, 06:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Photoshop CC problem(s)

In article , Alfred
Molon wrote:

I've been running Photoshop CC for years without any trouble. I have
not used it for the last few weeks or so and in the mean time there
have been several upgrades of PS and Windows 10. For whatever reason I
now find that while PS starts OK it now always downloads files in
Camera Raw. I don't mind that but I have not been able to turn that
feature off. To compound the problem, it takes more than 2 hours to
load an image. I don't actually know how long as I give up at that
point. When I load a 30Mb NEF file the image may appear after 2 or 3
minutes but the editing sliders remain locked and unresponsive. The
Windows task manager shows that one processor core (out of 12) is
running at 100% and it will continue to do this until I shut down
Photoshop. Most times I cannot shut down Photoshop in the usual manner
but have to end the task in Task Manager. On occasion I can close
Camera Raw and then I can shutdown Photoshop normally.

No such problem here with PS 2020 on a Win 10 PC. But I noticed
when I open RAW files I have to wait for a few seconds until
Camera RAW kicks in, then everything runs smoothly.

camera raw doesn't 'kick in' and a few seconds delay to open any photo
is not normal, regardless of which app or what format.