Old December 29th 20, 04:34 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Dimitris Tzortzakakis

Default digital vs film...

although that ship has long sailed, here goes: well, analogue film had
resolving power, which was measured in lines/mm and digital, of course,
has resolution (in megapixels). apples and oranges. film was not made to
be scanned digitally, but to be enlarged optically. After 2 years of
film , I had foorgotten how good it was, after almost 20 years of
digital photography. With a hand held flash shot, in Agfapan APX 400,
regular grain, not T-grain I made a succesful enlargement in 30 X 40,
only the focus of the enlarger was a bit tricky as I had to open the
diaphgram to get an acceptable exposure (30 secs @ F 5.6).