Old June 7th 20, 10:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Pano with the MA2 Drone

On Jun 6, 2020, Ken Hart wrote
(in article ):

On 6/6/20 8:10 PM, Savageduck wrote:
I am working my way through some of the features of my new Mavic Air 2 drone, and the capability of capturing quite usable panoramas might prove to be one of those useful features.

Here is my bit of pseudo-suburbia miles from the nearest city.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work/i-TXTSBfg/0/44109409/5K/DJI_0005-5K.jpg

So this would be a "flying panorama" rather than a "walking panorama"?
(Obscure reference to a controversery from the past.)

Damn! “The walking panorama” we haven’t heard from that individual in years. I could be wrong, but somehow the name “MacDonald" comes to mind, and at one stage he use the name of his sailboat as his posting nym.

I guess that the MA2 produces more of a “hovering panorama" than a “flying" one. It uses a GPS fix to maintain a stationary hover initially aimed at the center reference frame area. Then it starts to shoot a programmed matrix of frames around the aim point, all stitched together by the system, and saved to the Micro SD card in the drone. It is quite strange to watch the display on the phone connected to the controller as its aim moves precisely to capture each frame in the matrix, all without any input in the controller.

The example above, was SOOC without any post processing on my part.

Savageduck