Old May 29th 20, 03:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default New Toy and Heat wave.

On May 28, 2020, Whisky-dave wrote
(in ):

On Friday, 29 May 2020 02:26:03 UTC+1, Savageduck wrote:
On May 28, 2020, Ken Hart wrote

That is OK, my drone/video skills are barely 3 days old.

What is all that open land? When I see that much rolling hills, I expect
to see cattle. Or at least cow patties!

The some of the ranches around have cattle, but around here once the winter grass starts to dry out we get a pretty big flock of sheep through here. That feeds the sheep, and mows the grass before the fire season.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-ZhLtrh7/0/33210a7d/5K/i-ZhLtrh7-5K.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-HqgPhTP/0/2d49a628/5K/i-HqgPhTP-5K.jpg

FWIW, and obviously not your fault, Firefox (Linux) continuously
buffered and never played the video. Chromium played a few seconds,
buffered a few seconds, played a few seconds. But then again, I've got
several live streams running on a no-frills DSL link.

I am not able to address things Linux as I have an all Apple household.

No problem on my iMac in firefox :-)

Perhaps, but I have never explored Linux, and I am probably not going to. My Mac does all I need it to do.

Pretty impressive and didn't seem to scare the sheep with it's noise the only cheap ones I've seen/heard are really loud.

Well the sheep have been gone for a while so they were not there for these flights. This Mavic Air 2 is surprisingly quiet. Once it is about 20-25 ft. above me it is difficult to hear.

Can you get it to 'imprint' altitude and NSEW direction on videos or stills.

I have not found a way to do that with a direct recording yet. However, I am sure I could tap into the iPhone, or iPad screen recording capability to record all the controller details.

Can you program a route and leave it to do it, like a search pattern in star trek :-)

There are several tracking functions including following a waypoint flight path.

can it say follow you in your car at X distance and altitude, that could be fun filming yourself doing doughnuts or whatever if you're so inclined that is.

It can, not that that sort of thing is on my agenda, but others have done vehicle tracking with this and other drones.

Regards,
Savageduck

Savageduck