Old February 17th 06, 08:12 PM posted to rec.photo.film+labs

Default Recommendation for alternative to Mystic wanted

I've been very pleased with Dale, I send all my 35mm there; I use A&I for
medium format - they do a nice job, but they're generally pretty slow. I
have used ABC and they did a nice job, but I like Dale better.

Tom

"Joe Negron" wrote in message
link.net...
Went to the Dominican Republic back in July and took many photos. I
sent them to Mystic to develop and while the photos came out well, I
wasn't happy with the JPEGs: almost all of them were way too dark and
required the use of an image editing program to adjust the brightness
and contrast.

Is there an alternative to Mystic which will do a better job for a not
much higher price?

Also, Mystic's policy for undeveloped pictures is that you get a credit
which can be used on subsequent orders. Is this standard practise? I
have a few rolls which I suspect will have more than a few
"undevelopable" photos and would rather not be charged for them in the
first place.

Examine what is said, not him who speaks.

--Arabian Proverb
Joe Negron from Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn, NY, USA