Old March 25th 13, 02:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Bowser

Default Food for thought, camera access to events

On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 03:39:08 -0700 (PDT), otter
wrote:

On Mar 24, 3:47*pm, Bowser wrote:
On Thu, 21 Mar 2013 21:08:10 -0400, Robert Coe wrote:
On Thu, 21 Mar 2013 17:22:37 -0700 (PDT), RichA wrote:
: This has happened to me. *DSLR no-no, while people snap away happily
: with 8 meg iPhones and the like. *A Sony NEX could be a life-saver
: here. *Even more so, the m4/3 gear because of the smallness of most
: lenses.
:
:http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/51130854

Maybe we need to be more assertive. "I have a ticket, and it says nothing
about cameras. If you want to make an issue of it, you can call the police;
I'll call the press, and my lawyer, and the City Licensing Bureau, and my
State Representative, etc., etc." My guess is that they'll cave more often
than not.

My ticket to last night's hockey game at the Garden did say it, but I
waltzed in with a camera bag anyway. Nobody even batted an eyelash.

There's a wide range of consistency in the enforcement of the rules at
different venues. In my experience, sports venues tend to be a little
more lax about DSLR cameras than music venues, but it definitely
depends on the team and arena. It all depends on the training they
give to the security staff.

Agreed, and it's that lack of consistency that's the problem. I can't
blame them for worrying about video at concerts since bootleggers will
stop at nothing. But stills? Are they really losing money because I
might shoot a few stills?