Old March 25th 13, 10:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Trevor[_2_]

Default Food for thought, camera access to events

"Martin Brown" wrote in message
Watch the Olympic opening sequence to see how many morons think a puny on
camera flash can illuminate an olympic stadium at night time.

They have no idea how the flash works, and no idea how to turn it off
anyway. Their camera is always set to auto, and simply fires the flash in
such circumstances, because it has no idea either.
Still remember the moon landings where millions of pictures of blank TV sets
were processed in the following weeks. The flash exposing the cabinet just
fine :-)
At least the morons get to see their mistakes immediately now, knowing what
(and how) to change is entirely another matter though!
And I can't count the number of times I've helped people with expensive
DSLR's that have no idea how to change even the most basic settings! Their
comment is always the same, "must read the manual one day". They never do
:-(

Trevor.