Old March 23rd 13, 10:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Robert Coe

Default So how good is 36 megapixels?

On Mon, 18 Mar 2013 09:18:48 -0500, Doug McDonald
wrote:
: On 3/17/2013 9:25 PM, Doug McDonald wrote:
:
:
:
: I have the pictures. No, I', not so stupid as to not check for moire at
: 100% or 200% view. They are absolutely hilarious.
:
: One more comment: what is even more hilarious, if you look closely,
: are the truly horrendous, disastrous, amazingly ugly, MPEG artifacts
: introduced into the TV image by, presumably, Comcast. Look for the
: amazing bad blocking. Yes, this is visible watching TV.

I'd have pooh-poohed that; but earlier this afternoon I was watching CNN
(their hi-def channel via Comcast), and the motion was jerky and there was no
discernible connection between what the people in the scene were saying and
how their lips were moving. No matter how many "improvements" come to TV, I
guess "technical difficulties" will be with us always.

Bob