Old April 18th 06, 04:53 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default scanning negs & slides...

"Kernix" wrote in message
oups.com...
First off, D-ICE only comes as part of the harware you buy? If so I'll
have to assume I don't have it and can't add it.

Second, the undo function you mention - wouldn't that undo the dust
removal as well? I don't understand. If I could at least halve the time
spent, then I would obviously double my output. Or am I not
understanding the total functionality of Photoshop? Is there an undo
fuction you can apply to certain areas only? How would you know which
areas?

Jim

Yup, Digital ICE is hardware base, essentially using infrared to detect dust
and other areas such as scratches that won't let the infrared light pass
through. Unless you're doing mostly black and white, you'll definitely want
D-ICE when it comes time to upgrade your scanner. Second, I should have
said "History Brush" instead of Undo tool. You choose the history layer
you'll "undo" to, and then with the history brush you can use it like any
other brush, except you're painting from the history layer into the current
one. Check the helpfiles for more coherent notes ;-)

Matt Clara
www.mattclara.com