Old November 9th 04, 05:03 PM
David J Taylor

Lou wrote:
[]
Out of the group of cameras I have selected does anyone have any
negative/positive comments, or do you use any two of these cameras
that would give me a good comparison of your opinion?

I have posted here in the past about my experiences upgrading to a Minolta
A2 from a Nikon 5700. The result, I sent the Minolta back. The Panasonic
FZ20 is (IMHO) the best long stabilised zoom camera out there right now,
although some say the Canon S1 IS takes better movies. That doesn't
bother me. Other cameras I can access are the Nikon 8400 (24mm
wide-angle) and the Nikon 990.

My advice is to set aims, set a budget, and go and try the cameras for
yourself. Usablility is very important. For example (1), can you use the
camera when you have gloves on because it's cold; (2) can you operate the
camera in the dark, by feel alone, for those Northern Lights shots?

Cheers,
David