Old June 29th 06, 11:16 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format

Default morse contact printers

"murrayatuptowngallery"
wrote in message
oups.com...
Doesn't sound like a boat anchor...sounds cool, other than
the
unpleasantry of having to source and pay for replacement
argon lamps,
but the detail of circular placement and switches is
something that
would be a pain to implement.

How about contact print internegs onto graphic arts
film...that's slow,
right?

If its as slow as contact printing paper it should work
like a charm.
The lamps are arranged with separate switches for each
lamp for dodging but the lamps are also arranged with
additional switches that turn them on or off in concentric
rings. The 10x10 printer has 39 low wattage GE UV lamps.
They are no longer made but can be found. The printer also
has two "nite lite" white light lamps and four neon safe
light lamps.
They are beautifully designed and very ruggedly built
machines but paper suitable for contact printing on them is
simply not available any more (although I understand someone
may have undertaken to make a replacement for Azo).
I suppose one could replace the neon lamps with very low
power incandescent lamps and use a couple of sheets of ND
filter material on the diffuser to get the thing to work
with enlarging paper. They are too beautiful to throw away.

--
---
Richard Knoppow