Old January 30th 11, 03:28 AM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
David Nebenzahl

Default Another Photo-Journalist added to the roll of honor.

On 1/29/2011 5:51 PM Savageduck spake thus:

On 1/29/2011 12:49 PM Savageduck spake thus:

On 2011-01-29 11:09:09 -0800, David Nebenzahl said:

On 1/29/2011 6:41 AM Bowser spake thus:

On 1/29/2011 3:10 AM, David Nebenzahl wrote:

On 1/28/2011 10:56 PM Rich spake thus:

On Jan 28, 4:39 pm, Savageduck wrote:

French photo-journalist Lucas Mebrouk Dolega 32, dies after
being hit in the head by a police fired tear gas grenade in
Tunis while covering the disturbances in Tunis for Paris Match.
http://lens.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/0...-lucas-mebrouk...

Maybe like hockey players did, one day they'll finally start
wearing protective helmets during riots in violent, Third World
ratholes? Even a bike helmet would have saved the guy.

I'm sure Tunisians would love to hear their country referred to
that way ... but of course, who cares about them? Their lives
aren't worth as much as ours are.

That's true. But what's the exchange rate?

Pretty easily calculated, using news stories in the MSM and their
relative ranking (i.e., page placement in the newspaper, etc.).

I figure it's somewhere in the neighborhood of 50:1 to 100:1.

As of 09:45AM, 1/29/2011, 1.41 Tunisian Dinar = $1US = €0.74
(...er, there's an Ap for that)

So your wide range guesstimate was not too close.

So what does the currency exchange rate have to do with it? I think you
may have missed my point here, which is the "value" of human life.

For me still 1:1.

Again, you miss my point.

For me it's 1:1 too. But that's not the conclusion any Martian would
come to if they were to come down to Earth and observe the relative
worth placed on American lives and non-American lives in the US.
Evidence? Just watch the news or read a newspaper ...

who stands to make his point, then removes his hearing aid as a sign
that he is not going to hear any rebuttals.