Old August 22nd 04, 08:14 PM
InterKOT

Andrew, thanks for the review.
I have just purchased this camera a few days ago
and Ron, I have a couple questions for you:

1. How can I upgrade the camera firmware, currently I have ver 1.0
and I did not find any firmware upgrades on the web-site except
software ones.

2. Why do I keep receiving an annoying message "Time has been reset"
quite often when I turn on my camera.
I use my camera a lot inside without any batteries installed at all
powering it from the ac adapter. I suuspect the camera RTC is powered
from the batteries only.
Can this be fixed?

Thank you,

Sebastian

"Ron Baird" wrote in message ...
Greetings Andrew,

Read your review and appreciate the time you have taken to share your
experiences. I am going to share it with our concept and engineering teams
for future reference. It is reviews like yours that make a difference.
Kodak listens and wants to know about its customers.

Just a couple of comments to make you aware. The camera you have did not
come with the latest version 4.0 software, so you may want to download and
install from our website. If you included the updater in your installation
it will update automatically for you.

The accessory lenses are pretty nice for this camera and you would enjoy
them considering your interests. The +7 and +10 diopters in this set can be
used individually or combined to give you a +17 lens. If you do you can
capture images of small objects in collections and other closeup subjects.
You will be able to get from about 2" (51 mm) away.

You should not worry too much about the cables or other connections being
damaged by the pressure of the flap. They will be fine.

If you do have concerns about use or performance, Andrew, let me know, I am
here for you.

Talk to you soon,

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company

A few weeks ago I purchased the Kodak DX7440 (4.0 MP and 4x zoom) and
wanted to post my review here since I couldn't find hardly any reviews
on this fairly new camera when I was looking around. So everyone knows
where I am coming from, this is my second digital camera with my first
one being the Kodak DX4330, which someone recently stole.

Price: $300 at CompUSA and it came with a free 128mb SD card. The price
dropped by $50 last month. The original manufacturer's suggested retail
price was $350, but it is now $300.

Physical Things: Kodak fixed a lot of annoying physical things with
this camera. To name a few things: the mode selector wheel is much
easier to work now. On the DX4330 the wheel was hard to turn,
especially when your hands were dirty from hiking or such. This version
also has a built in lens cover which closes when the camera is off, much
nicer than the DX4330. One thing I am not crazy about is the position
of the zoom lever. It is now on the front of the camera so you use your
index finger to move it instead of using your thumb as it was on the
DX4330. Now the "thumb zoom" position has been replaced with a jog
wheel selector used to select and change things such as aperture,
exposure compensation, shutter speed, ISO, etc. The most annoying
change is related to how you access the USB and AV ports on the camera.
Instead of the nice hinged plastic door on the DX4330, they now are
covered by a stiff piece of non-hinged rubber. So when you plug in the
USB or AV cables, you pry open rubber cover, hold it up, plug the cord
in, then the stiff rubber piece applies a rather strong downward force
to the cables. My issues with this are 2 fold: 1) The rubber cover is
going to break with a decent amount of use. As I mentioned, it isn't
hinged, you are just bending the rubber piece back and forth each time
you plug something in. I suppose the point here is to make you purchase